Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why doesn't everyone just eat marijuana?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by adamlevine, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Why doesn't everyone just eat marijuana? Instead of smoking it

I never understood this. You go through all the trouble of figuring out how to smoke it - you let everyone in a 30 yard radius know what you're doing, smoke is bad for you, you probably get less of the drug in you.. etc.

I'm not a weed expert, but why on earth doesn't everyone just EAT it?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1

2. Because it takes alot more Marijuana to get high via edibles then it does smoking..

It'd take me 2 grams in a cake to get the pain relief I need, I'm lucky I can get hash that's cheap so making cakes isn't really a problem lol

+ Some people need instant pain relief rather then having to wait 40 mins+ for them to hit..

I also don't have to worry about people knowing I smoke because nearly every house or so where I live smokes lol

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Well there are a ton of reasons.
    -Eating raw marijuana won't do shit for you, so you need to take the trouble of decarbing it, infusing it into a fatty oil and then either putting that in capsules or cooking something with the oil you made. Smoking, you pack a bong, light it and you are good.
    - Eating activated marijuana will take 1-2 hours for effects to hit you and are very hard to dose because edibles effect everyone very differently. I have friends who get completely stoned off 20 mg of THC while I need 200 to get stoned. Smoking takes less than a minute to start feeling the effects.
    - The smell is what it is, most cannabis smokers like the smell and if you are smelling it outside my house, oh well not my problem. I usually vape in public.
    -People enjoy the social aspect of smoking cannabis with each other, rather than eat an edible and then just sit and wait for hours

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. And the flavour. The taste and flavour of dry herb can't be matched by anything else. It's perhaps the best part, which is why good herb is so important.

To me edibles or carts are just not that enjoyable. Dry herb will always be where its at.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Yeah my favorite as far as flavor would be taking dabs of hash oil, but dry herb is a close second

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I believe the numerous methods of Cannabis ingestion is one of it's great attributes. There is a strain and method for ingestion to suit an almost limitless variety of situations.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. When I started using weed, people mostly hadn't figured out edibles yet. 'Carboxylation' was not a word on anybodies lips in 1971. Folks knew enough to make pot brownies, but mostly hadn't figured out canna-butter or oil, or just about any recipe besides pot brownies and cookies. And man, they weren't very good. (Cooking greens into cookies or brownies is, from a culinary standpoint, just about the craziest thing a body could do, right up there with salting the coffee and using lard in your vegan dishes!) So actually, I think people were hip to smoking weed long before they figured out that extracts were the way to go if they wanted to prepare it in foods. ;)

On a completely different level it comes down to chemistry. Different forms of cannabis consumption result in different ratios of cannabinoids being taken up, as well as different rates of absorption and dispersal... meaning you get high differently and for different amounts of time with different methods of ingestion... So, you don't get the same high from vaping as you do from smoking, or eating, using topicals or tinctures, etc.

As for the smell, half the houses adjacent to mine are growing, and more than that smoke. The other households don't care one way or the other, no reason they should since it is legal in my state.

• Like Like x 3
  8. I have an ex(good terms) who uses CBD oil that has epilepsy. She's never had a drop of thc just CBD edibles.

I know a veteran with PTSD who smokes spliffs because he smoked cigarettes for years too.

Not every cannabis user is a young dumb teen like the media thinks.

I'm an autistic adult who uses cannabis.

• Like Like x 1
  9. #9 Joker1121, Oct 2, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
    My tolerance is really high and when I take my cannabis orally it just gets higher. Smoking is just a different high and doesn't jack my tolerance up so much.
    What do you do? I like both methods though admit I don't smoke that much. I love a potent, well made tincture and find the onset is pretty fast when taken in coffee or sublingually. I'm always thinking I'm going to stop smoking when I'm coughing from dabbing, but the allure of that quick hit is too strong.

• Like Like x 1