Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why Doesn't Anyone On Here Talk About This Smoking Method.

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Ohsquishy, Oct 4, 2009.

1. I've done it since day one very very efficient and gets you stoned off your ass.:)

Check it out.[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afwbEJB7hVs]YouTube - how to hot knife hash[/ame]

Maybe its a New Zealand thing :confused:

Peace Ohsquishy.

2. thats talked about but its usally just used for smoking straight hash
    most people would rather throw it in a bowl and light up

3. Hot Kniving for the win!

Spaz loves hot kniving. Very entertaining, and dangerous, haha.

4. never done that before, but im gonna try it sometime. thanks for sharing the video.

5. haha yeah man its a kiwi thing, im from aus and went to NZ for a few weeks and my maori mate was like hey want to smoke up and i was like sure and he went into the kitchen and stuck the knives in the hotplate coils and i was like .. " dude, what the fuck are you doing? Where is the bong? " haha but i grew to like it man, havent done it since..
    And your right it gets you stoned as:p

6. iv been takin knifers since i first started smokin weed, i just thought it was common knowledge

7. I'm sure there are better videos on youtube than that one.

8. That's a method of last resort. It's a pain in the ass, requires a lot of setup, you can get burned, and it's wasteful. If you can just stick it in a pipe it's a HELL of a lot easier. We used to stick a pin through a piece of cardboard, put a ball of hash on it, spark it, and put a cup over it. Then suck the smoke out from the cup. Still a pain but it's less wasteful. In that video you got about 1/3 of the smoke in our lungs and the rest was a sacrifice for the gods.

9. I've only hot-knifed once. It was back when I was still maybe a once-a-week smoker instead of a daily smoker.

It might be better now, but when I did it then, I spent no less than 20 minutes hacking my lungs out.

I was high, but it was not an enjoyable experience for my lungs. :(

10. I hate that feeling becuase it's not fun to smoke for the rest of the day . you get that burning feeling in you're lungs and you cant really take any good hits.

11. That's called homemade vaporizing on a budget, ha. It does the exact same thing that a vape does.

12. Yeah, exactly.

We even had a cut in half plastic soda bottle set-up going on for the inhale, with ice in between, so it cooled the smoke quite a bit. But it was still just too damn harsh for me.

I don't mind coughing a lot when I take a hit, it happens to me all the time, but I don't want to spend the majority of my high hacking up a lung. That's just no fun! :p

13. #13 Bego, Oct 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2009
    I smoked my first time with hot knifes, here in Canada its a method we use if we have to get lots of people high. Use a torch and two butterknives. Touch it to a ball of weed, push the other knife into it, put it to your mouth and suck. Harsh, but gets you very stoned off very little. Its amazing how conservative it is.

Just to add on, if you use an empty pen, or a two litre bottle cut in half, that helps a lot with the whole process of getting smoke into your lungs.

14. never done it with normal hash. But my dealer is always making BHO and uses that method for consumption. I'll go over there to get a sack, take a couple goo rips through the pen, and head outta there :hello:

15. knifes get tedious when im super baked, so i rarely do them.

16. I don't think people really use knives a lot. There's a lot of better ways to smoke hash.

17. Yeah, it is. I wouldn't really name it to a specific country or place, it's pretty easily and readily done anywhere. Hot knives are fun, but you have to get a good set up for inhaling all the smoke or you'll end up wasting a fair bit.

18. Never hot knifed before... Would it be impossible to "hot spoon"? That way you have a little indention to set your weed/hash in, then you take another hot spoon and put it on toppa that one.

19. we did that shit with opium and some hash, we called it "knife hits" tho

havent seen it on gc before this

20. for hash i have a glass rod set and a torch to heat it up, conserves it the most