Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why does your weed cost so much?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Quebec Ganja, Aug 10, 2012.

1. There is that happiness moment of when you Harvest, and reap your reward. Grow your own... once you leap over that one hurdle and do it... you are trained and sustained for Life.

2. Supply vs demand is why weed cost so much. It is much cheaper than $200 - $300 here in Colorado where it is legal and there is ample supply.

3. If in an illegal state/Country the price is different due to a few different factors:
    1) Illegality
    The more illegal I.e) the larger the penalty the higher the cost.
    2) Greed
    Just human nature.
    3) Time / Distance
    If your medicine man's supplier has trouble getting bud then so will your medicine man. If your medicine man grows then you may have to wait for the product and the volume that he/she grows will dictate the price.
    4) Relationship
    If you are friends with the medicine man you get cheaper and normally better/worse bud.
    5) Location
    If you live somewhere that can grow weed outside it should be much cheaper. If you live somewhere like Britain where growing outside is nearly impossible and growing inside is risky and fairly expensive, as well as being an island with no land borders.

This is why buying weed can vary in price. However a tip I use when feeling out a new medicine man is if he is always there and is always coming through then give him/her a little extra. For example if you buy an ounce off him/her for $200 give him/her a extra $20 or offer to smoke them up, and most likely you'll either notice your bag is either heavier,lighter or the same. If it's lighter you may have exposed him/her as untrustworthy and if it's heavier or the same you are set. Because if your medicine man is happy and safe(financially and weed wise) then you have the best friend in the world.

4. #24 Steven_420, Nov 23, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
    Here on the East Coast I pay as follows for the best stuff around:
    20/g
    50/e
    100/q
    200/h
    320/o
    It sucks that there isn't a discount for quarters or even halves, c'mon now! On the plus side it's all medical grade with new strains every week. If I paid your prices I would have no life aside from getting stoned.

For KB:
    15/g
    40/e
    80/q
    140/h
    250/o
    The prices still aren't cheap and my connects for lesser quality weed are shady (gangsters or thugs of some sort). They also only give you 2/3 of what you pay for, so I'll just stick with my dank connects and pay the price of gold. I've seen strains like Blue Dream sell for 30/g in this area, that's just absurd for anyone to be paying.

5. I live in France and I get 1g of skunk for 8$ its not that bad and if I buy 50$ or more at a time the price goes down to 5$ a 1g.

Basically if I buy 100$ worth of good shit, I get 20g.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum