Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

why does weed make you so self conscious?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by gdot, Mar 3, 2014.

1. When I vape or smoke I find it hard to be around people Ive never met or hardly know. My strains are always hard indica's (its all I get it my area). Would I get more of an outgoing affect if I use Sativa's?

By self conscious I mean I dont like to talk to much with the fear that I would say something stupid and I feel like when I'm high my eyes get fluffy.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I think that may be a personality thing more than a weed thing. I used to be the same way but you just gotta say fuck it if they judge you I wouldn't want to be around them anyways. For me smoking would make your situation easier, but everyone is different.

3. The strain is not going to make a difference whether or not weed makes you self conscious.  It is you, not the weed.  I do know what you mean though, and the key is to stop caring because you're not living your life to make someone else's better.  What an unrealistic expectation it would be for people to assume you have the best or perfect thing to say every time.

4. Just remember, thousands of years ago the opinion of one's self came from within, from the individual themselves. It is our modern society that has changed that to what it is now in which we get our self's opinions from others; from the outside rather than from within. 

I used to be like that in which I felt as if I was constantly getting judged when I would be out in public or around people while high. There comes a time though when you need to think about it and how being fearful of other's opinions can have a negative impact on you if it causes you to seclude yourself from life.

You really have to look at the situation at hand and decide whether you want other's to rule how you act by evaluating their opinions of you and basing what you do in life on that, or by evaluating your actions and how you should act by your own opinion.

5. I am completely fine when I'm sober, only problem is I've been using it more frequently in my day to day life. I wonder if sativa will have a more positive affect And I can use it daily. If it helps I've been smoking some crappy BC bud and it makes me too damn lazy!!

6. ehhhh... I don't know if you'll find sativa makes you less self-conscious, but perhaps you won't feel as heavy as you would with indica.

7. I decided to quit drinking. I have a few parties coming up and I want to know if weed would be a good substitute. It is only when I exceed my limit ( smoke double what I smoke regularly or get too damn high) where I feel self conscious

8. I am a lot more clearheaded when I avoid drinking.  It's all a matter of figuring out what works for you.  I've seen very successful alcoholics, and very unsucessful people who choose to be sober.  It's not just a simple case of potato potahto.

9. Haha I always say stupid shit, but I'm high, so whatever

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. It could be your personality, but idk if i get like a really good sativa i'll get really talkative and my friends will almost have to tell me to shut up lol, but normally i'm pretty quiet unless it's someone i know well. I would attribute the "self conscious" stuff to the paranoia that weed gives you. You may not be sketched out and looking for cops left and right, but you'll still carefully think about everything you say before you say it and all that.

11. weed makes you more <span style="background-color:rgb(249,249,249);color:rgb(50,50,50);font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">conscious about EVERYTHING.</span>
    it opens a part of your mind you usually don't use.

12. I know how you feel. Its almost as if it decreases external perception and/or increases internal perception. It's just how the drug works on you.

13. Im seeing some interesting things here. I know whenever I smoke, I am the same person I am when I don't, and that is something I have had to achieve and remember. Don't let smoking change you or become who you are. Thats a little bit of a side thought. Whenever I smoke tho, I love talking to people and meeting people, In fact, I am usually more willing to put myself in uncomfortable situations. I have come to realize that some of the best things come out of being in an uncomfortable situation, and if your not out of your comfort zone at least once a day, there is something to be said. And like you said, your afraid of saying something stupid? Who cares... There is no point in being friends or hanging out with someone/people who will look down on or judge you for something that petty. Just learn to live and breath, be who you want to be regardless of anyone else, open up and have a good time, get excited about life smoke or no smoke! 

Sorry for the rant! best of luck.

14. Doesn't do that to me, but I start to notice fairly quickly just how stupid sober people are when I'm high. :cool:

15. Oh my st patties day is coming up, I don't know if I can be high dealing with a bunch of drunks at a party... I am a lot more quiet when I blaze and not as energetic (because of the indica weed)

Hopefully I can find a sativa and see how it works for me because indica makes your whole body very relaxed

16. Aw now this thread has to be moved to gardening

17. Lol grow up dude. It turned out I was right because it was moved back.

18. You only know who you are because of other people.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

19. Weed makes me extremely less self conscious

20. I never used to think like this until my freind started saying he doesn't like to blaze because he gets self-concious, he would say it all the time and then later I would start to question it because I feel like I say some pretty dumbass things when im high some times. There's nothing wrong with me, I just get really high and when I talk people dont understand me too well. And the strains I smoke make me lazy and non-energetic. Now I want to try sativa to see if it will be a good party drug but no one in my area ever has connections to the sativa strains :cry: