Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why does weed eventually make you less happy?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Greyson6ix, Oct 17, 2017.

1. So when I was new to smoking, I would smoke a little amount and be so high. I would be extremely happy and laughing at everything. As I kept smoking, it still made me really happy but I noticed I didn’t laugh as much. Now, I don’t even laugh much at all unless I’m with friends and I don’t get as happy as I did. The only way to be in an extremely good mood now is to get some of the best weed I can and smoke more than I usually do. Why am I getting less happy when high now? And how do I get back to being in a REALLY good mood and laughing more when high? BTW, I’ve been smoking multiple times a week for a few months now. Not quite daily, but close to it

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. tolerance is a bitch.

try edibles.

3. Probably because all life is suffering.

• Like Like x 3
  4. What he/she said. Tolerance is a bitch. Lol
    Smoke less often. Or more at a time. Try a different strain. Edibles, concentrates, etc...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Because weed can TREAT depression , but it doesn't just make it magically go away.... Same with most things. It's not this magic cure to everything that some people make it out to be.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. because weed dosnt make anything go away, if anything, it helps you forget about your problems, but when you wake up the next morning, you still have the problem....repeat that everyday for years and if you are still stuck, its easy to blame it on smoking, but really the problem is something else
    the smoking is a result of the problem

7. #7 bhbest, Oct 17, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
    Less is better with cannabis. I am even happier 4 years later. So check yourself and respect the flower and make sure you control IT, and not the reverse.

Sent from my VS990 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Seeking solace in any substance ultimately masks the issue the individual is attempting to address. However, as cannabis is an organic life matter, the limitless potential for it to heal is always there. As humans we have thresholds for everything and the law of diminishing returns declares with evident backing that less satisfaction is derived from consequential usage. The spacing effect moderates dopamine regulation to a point, but to say you need to be 100% charged on dopamine reception 24/7 is overkill by any means.

The brain gets tired as it uses 80% of the body's energy daily so keeping yourself "plugged in" with weed is like trying to keep a rechargeable battery in your phone at max life while you are using it 16 hours a day. Either you keep charging your phone constantly or learn how to keep it in your pocket.

• Like Like x 2
  9. This is good advice here

10. inhaling oxygenated decarboxylated THC cannabis compounds supercharges your ECS for a short while via calcium influx @ cb1 receptor... this effect is like an induced runners high- hence the feeling good etc... doing that over and over without other cannabimimetic buffers to direct THC better etc, leads to a burnout effect ( tolerance) and your cb1 receptor feels raped and not appreciated... At least add some magnesium to your diet to make up for the depleted calcium in your system... meditate too, if you feel inclined sit with your self and inward focus your attention for a few minutes a day... this increases anandamide which is your bodies natural THC that activates cb1 receptor... you will find that your daily life is an actual meditation and you reach those high plateaus naturally @ all times when you stay high on life

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. [​IMG]
    Never come down, Never be sad, Never Hurt,
    Massive doses of hash oil every day is all that keeps me on my feet.
    [​IMG]
    Receptor recharge is all BS. I haven't had a sober day in about 5 years and don't plan on it as sobriety means pain. Screw pain.
    I've long reached saturation and more means I'll fall down or be unable to talk.
    BNW

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Relying on a drug for happiness usually ends badly. Look at the stats.

Not true for ALL cases, but overall.

13. Well I’m not really relying on it for happiness. But I do want to have the best high possibly and be happy when I smoke

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. As I said, not true in all cases.

I was responding to your statement "The only way to be in an extremely good mood now is to get some of the best weed I can and smoke more than I usually do."

No worries. Enjoy.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Natural High means looking at the shitty world and deciding to be happy... it is a constant desire that needs constant attention, no letting up... after mucho effort you suddenly realize you have reached enlightenment!