Why Does This Thing Spin?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by EarthWand, Dec 14, 2002.

1. i understand what you were saying chillz...

if they're both moving at the same speed, but one has to cover a greater distance, how come they both complete the circle at the same time???

2. going back to proof that everthing is moving, universal expansion can easily be proven by looking at the light spectrums of far away galaxies. If they are moving towards our humble little planet, they are shifted to the red, if they are moving away, to the blue(i think, i could have them reversed but in any matter, the vast majority are shifted towards the blue {or the red} and that proves that the universe is constantly expanding, and hence that we are constantly moving)

3. ahem, I think it's the other way (according to Einstein) the space is round and if you'd manage to fly straight you'd end up where you begin at some point.

4. Ted Nugent: you're talking about the red shift!!!! That's the scale how they measure the points of exploding stars, and when ever a star explodes it releases Carbon etc. wich are somewhere sucked together and they form planets (that's the way earth was born). Plus, the exploding of stars release energy and create new stars, it's a conituing project, the universe expands!!!!!! yes yes yes! The starbgest thing is the Anti-matter/dark-matter that is space... You see space is made of dark-matter and there's something in it that makes the stars implode. And the disturbing question is how did it all started? I'm sorry I'm skipping things here but I'm in a hurry....if you know waht I mean

5. normality is perceptual and thus broadly unquantifiable in the fullest sense.

Attached Files: