Why does this make me cry?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Megacosm, Dec 26, 2011.

1. I'm an 18 year old male and I think the last time I cried because I was upset was when I was 10 or so. I didn't shed a tear at my grandfather's funeral even though I was very close to him, but one peculiar thing causes me to cry, dreams. And not my own, others! When I read about other people's dreams I tear up for no apparent reason. I can't explain it at all, anyone? Btw I can tell when people lie about dreams because they don't affect me this way.

2. if you didnt cry for 8 years while growing up you're most likely a sociopath

i cried today. felt good. release of negative energy

3. [quote name='"ihugtrees"']if you didnt cry for 8 years while growing up you're most likely a sociopath

i cried today. felt good. release of negative energy[/quote]

I cried today to :bongin:

4. [quote name='"ihugtrees"']if you didnt cry for 8 years while growing up you're most likely a sociopath

i cried today. felt good. release of negative energy[/quote]

Notice in my post I specified I hadn't cried "when I was sad". I cry all the time when I get high haha. Just feels right, but it's not sad.

5. i don't cry....can't tell u the last time i did. I'm not even joking, my gf can't stand it, says it'll be healthy for me to cry every once in awhile. Idk...I mean i still get sad like everyone else but I don't cry, or haven't in a long fucking time. Maybe my wedding day? Or when my first kid will be born, fuck idk...better have some waterworks going, even if I have to fake it.

6. i dont cry either
    last time i got emotional and somewhat tearyeyed was when ric flair retired lol dont hate i practically grew up on that wrestlin shit

7. [quote name='"RooRgle"']i don't cry....can't tell u the last time i did. I'm not even joking, my gf can't stand it, says it'll be healthy for me to cry every once in awhile. Idk...I mean i still get sad like everyone else but I don't cry, or haven't in a long fucking time. Maybe my wedding day? Or when my first kid will be born, fuck idk...better have some waterworks going, even if I have to fake it.[/quote]

Same here. Everyone says it would be good for me, but it's just not in my nature idk why. And I think you can second that not crying automatically makes you a sociopath is false, but then again I never really get sad. I'm either happy or detached all of the time.

8. for real you need to go back, identify and relive those negative memories that make you unable to cry. or just go kill a cat? i dont know

9. for real you need to go back, identify and relive those negative memories that make you unable to cry. or just go kill a cat?

10. [quote name='"sdug87"']

for real you need to go back, identify and relive those negative memories that make you unable to cry. or just go kill a cat?[/quote]

Why? I'm almost always happy so I see no reason to cry. That's bad? I intended this thread to be more centered on why reading the dreams of others makes me cry...

11. [quote name='"Megacosm"']

Why? I'm almost always happy so I see no reason to cry. That's bad? I intended this thread to be more centered on why reading the dreams of others makes me cry...[/quote]

I was gonna say the same thing but you beat me to it hehe.

Maybe because subconsciously it brings you joy that others share similar experiences to you in their dreams (realizations, experiences, spiritual growth, new things etc..)

12. well what do you FEEL like when youre reading(I guess) them...when its happening? ...any particular kind of dream?

13. Try looking into the phenomena of reverse speech.

14. [quote name='"Guitareman"']

I was gonna say the same thing but you beat me to it hehe.

Maybe because subconsciously it brings you joy that others share similar experiences to you in their dreams (realizations, experiences, spiritual growth, new things etc..)[/quote]

I think this is what the main factor is. I must subconsciously feel connected to others dreams for some reason. I wondered if anyone else had this same oddity or had heard of it, but I guess I'm alone.