Why does this keep happening?? HELP PLEASE

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Julious, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Ok im not saying you are but you may be overwatering these seedlings. Looks like you have solo cups to start them in, so are they draining properly. Three cfls that are 23w is enough for your plants at this stage and your not doing any harm by puting cfls close but check temperatures between the light and the tops of the seedlings, cfls dont generate much heat especially just three but seedlings are pretty weak in this stage, obviously your plants are, so they may be a little sensitive to this. It really does help to have a good soil and their going to get everything they need from the soil so no need for nutrients at this point, 50/50 coir sounds ok but is it new? Try different things with the soil to see what causes/results happen.

2. I would deff move those lights closer. Im no expert by any means. Hell, im still currently in my first grow. I have a samsara seeds auto ultraviolet. But for the first week i kept my 46 watts of cfls about 6" above her. Then from week 2-4 anywhere from 2 to 4 inches. Not saying that will fix your current problem, but it might help in one aspect.

3. I would go with 2

4. #24 DaBondoja, Jan 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2013
    Have you built the classic beer can reflectors for the cfl bulbs? In my experience they help speed and strengthen growth. And the soil has no matter, as long as roots have the available oxygen & nutrients, if not provided in soil you must makeup for in water soluble food. Just remember everything in moderation.
    Edit: When the stem bends like that try re-burying it so its standing straight, and make sure there is enough air blowing on it to help ensure strong stem growth. Test this using a lighter, I usually aim to make it flicker but not burn out too easily. Might take her awhile to kick back into shape, I had a similar issue, and she recovered quite well eventually :)

5. This is a problem. Move those lights to about 8" from your plants.

6. And then buy a real light.

J

7. TBH.. Jerry is right. At 4wks that ultraviolet got the 600w light and its truly made a 90%+ growth rate change for the better.

8. You have several problems from the looks of it

1. Your cfls are WAY too far away. A foot and a half?!? Put them about 6inches away. It looks like they're stretching for more light but they don't even have enough energy to get there. Remember CFLs have a lot less intense light that the plants need, the light they give off disperses very quickly.

2. Just stick to soil grow if this is your first couple of times. IMO its not worth it trying out your own mixes when you don't really know yet what a plant needs or wants.

3. Your soil looks really wet. Water less.

9. Thanks for all the advice everyone. I've got everythin control now i believe.

I flushed my coco

Moved my lights a few inches from the lights

Temps are fine

Not watering too much.

I was doing some reading about coco and i read that it can cause calcium deficiencies that need to be amended with epsom salts. Do you guys think this could play a big part in why they stop growing?

10. No they're still using the cotyledon leaves at this point, I would go with the others and say a little to much water at this point. Let dry out more and you should be good to go

11. not to derail the guys thread but re: flushing your coco before you start, anyone wanna give me a rundown on how to do that, and what benifits it has.

I am on my third grow and usually just stick my clones str8 into my canna cocco pro.

12. Overwatering..let them dry out before watering