Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

why does this happen?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ultra420, Nov 8, 2009.

1. so about 4 months ago i smoked with like 6 of my friends for the first time. we had 3 fat blunts going around and they all told me to take alot becouse it was my first time. so i did and i was really high for like 2 hours but then i got really dizzy and started to feel like i was gana throw up so i went into the bathroom and 5 mins later threw up like 5 times. no one knew why i threw up, so i just got a drink and went to bed.i smoked like 4 more time after that but i didnt get sick and it was fun. like a month or 2 later i was smoking from a bong and and the same thing happend and ive only smoked like 3 times sence but now everytime i smoke im afraid im gana get sick does anyone know why or how to aviod this?

2. LOL, Newbies only take 1-3 hits to get high! Your getting wayyyyy to high. Take 2 or 3 hits and chill next time.

3. Yes just keep smoking,did you notice that every time you did something you were not used to,it had a bad effect on you.

Once you get used to using all the smoking systems,different types of chron...etc.
    Your brain will just start to interpret the effects as positive not negative.

So yea all you need is time,I went through the same thing a few times.

4. This.

5. it happened because you smoked too much weed for your first time. you "greened out" (felt dizzy, threw up). you gotta build up some tolerence to weed before you smoke that much. 3 blunts is wayyy to much weed for your first time. next time, like someone else said, only take a few puffs and you won't green out.

6. #6 Trinca, Nov 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2009
    Perfect statement. Usually when newbie smokers start tokin up they picture being high as something crazy but once you build up that initial tolerance to the herb each high is more and more enjoyable.

Just dont smoke as much as a first timer and when you start to feel it comin on just chill out, wait a little bit and just relax man. Its only weed!

7. I wish I could go back to those days...where getting high was an adventure.

8. Also blunts are tobacco, therefore possibly causing sickness. And a bong may cause a lotta coughing, intiating a gagging fit which can cause u to hurl. idk....just some ideas.

9. Oh i remember the days(or do i?:smoking:) when you laughed at pretty much anything and it was something else to do other than drink. tis were good times

10. ok ill just keep smoking but not alot and just chill out more so i get sed go it. thanks you guys

11. I would say the blunt made you sick because of the tobacco. As far as the bong you probably took a big hit or a stale hit and that made you sick. I doubt its from being to high

12. That's stupid. You should start off with small amounts, not large amounts.

13. Should have taken a puff each and wait fro a few minutes then go again.

14. dont take abunch of huge ass hits to start off with take puffs and until your start to feel good then just let it creep up on you

15. 1. you swallowed the smoke

2. you inhaled stale smoke

3. you swallowed stale smoke

16. hmm, this kinda thing only happens to me when i blaze after i am already way too drunk.

never from just smoking weed, well i did yak from a gravity bong hit, but come on that happens! lol especially a 2 liter bottle full...but after i yaked i just got the bubbler and kept on hittin it!

17. if your taking a hit then swallowing, dont swallow your smoke next time and you will be fine, im not sure why people even swallow their smoke to begin with but it can agitate your stomach and make you feel sick and possibly vomit.

18. Blunts are made from cigar wraps, that could have caused it, you could have swallowed stale smoke which makes you want to burp which can make you throw up. Also, if you take too big of a hit you start to spit a lot then gag a little, that could have caused it.

My advice, if your coughing after your hits, take smaller hits, and inhale directly into your lungs, don't let the smoke sit in your mouth.

19. #19 Klao, Nov 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2009
    It's already been pointed out, but ....

1) The blunt has more than just weed. It's wrapped in tobacco. What's more, it's wrapped in tobacco that was NEVER intended to actually be drawn into the lungs. Cigars are for tasting. Any hint of that in my lungs, even a trace of it, and I'm hating life. Even if you're a regular smoker of cigarettes, you may not have been prepared for that ...

2) Your friends either don't know the proper way to initiate a rookie, or they were intentionally setting you up to go too far. If it's your first time, you should START. OFF. SLOW.

Yes, once in a while, a person will have a hard time getting high their first time. At that point, you just keep administering hits until you get there (waiting a bit of time between each session, of course, to make sure). However, you NEVER take a new smoker into a circle ASSUMING that it's going to be the case. There are ALSO people that are naturally more sensitive to the weed, and if you smoke every newbie up assuming that they're going to be one of the resistant people, it's a recipe for a horrible first experience.

ASSUME YOU'RE GOING TO BE SENSITIVE TO IT, NOT RESISTANT. You don't really know one way or the other until you try, and it's a Hell of a lot easier to introduce more THC into your bloodstream than it is to pull excess amounts out (i.e., impossible).

Everyone is different. Make no assumptions. Start small and safe, observe the effects, and go from there. It's a much better way to begin.

20. If smoking makes you feel sick and dizzy, then don't smoke. If smoking weed made me feel like shit i wouldn't do it.