Why does the U.S gov. Use terrorism as an excuse to do as they please

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Zedstomper, Oct 28, 2013.

1. This thread is more about massive illegal searches ( a whole city in mass during the Boston bombing, and every commercial truck in the Delaware, Maryland, Virginia tri-state area on step. 11 this year being searched)

Its like our government is just seeing what they can get away with lately. But no one gives it a second guess.

2. Lately?  Our government has been doing whatever they want longer than we've feared terrorism.  Terrorism is just the new excuse.

3. haha yea we act like this is all so new

im sorry but this shit has been happening the entire 20th century 

its honestly to fucking late almost, for anyone to do anything.

the number of people that dont give a fuck exceeds the number of people that are willing to fight for whats right.

I disagree with your almost late statement.

In 20th century humanity depended on government controlled biased media.Communication through out the planet was the biggest issue. But with Internet this is changing rapidly. If you look at last 10 years you can see that there has been too many involvement on this. 

20 years ago you'll never hear a dude like Snowden as the story will get buried so quick. But now everyone can reach these information and with each new stupid action governments take humanity will start considering the need of governments more and more.

We are on the edge of a new evolution in humanity but evolutions will not happen on short periods. I don't think i will be able to see governments disappearing in my life time however i have huge hopes that my child will see that :)

5. How about COINTELPRO? That shit was crazy. Far worse than wire-tapping that doesn't get used for anything (invasive and offensive as that is.) That was full-measure surveillance that was getting used constantly to harrass, abuse, and arrest citizens whose only crime was having different beliefs than their government.

In the 60s with COINTELPRO and various other government ops, undercover police and federal agents incited race violence between whites and blacks.

Nevertheless, we're LUCKY in the U.S. We're not being starved or executed by our government, nor are we physically persecuted, nor are we publicly demonized and scorned. Those things happen all over the rest of the world.

tl;dr: if you've lost perspective on the absolute privelege it is to be a United States citizen, you should go read some histories of truly abusive governments.

6. yes we have better communication now, moreso than ever before. this is true.

but the vast amounts of misinformation will hold anything back from moving forward.

as you said though, with time, will come change for sure. nothing happens instantly.

i just see a lot of bad coming in the future, that will eventually bring about the good. its just a little overwhelming to think about right now.

7. Don't forget that normally each generation is filled with doomsayers.  Life on this planet has always been a struggle and as long as humans have congregated together there has been injustice, oppression, corruption, etc...  The US and the current global economic system is on a downward spiral, but the world on a whole isn't all that different.  There is always good and bad, or the potential for both just on the horizon.

8. Governments typically need a demon to destroy. Without an enemy -- real or imagined -- they have a hard time justifying their existence. With a defined "enemy," state power can expand unchecked for the most part -- as we have seen in the past decade.

Communism, poverty, racism, drugs, cancer, terrorism -- these are the big "enemies" just within my lifetime. As long as the state exists, the list of enemies will be endless.

9. Our biggest enemy is in our heads. Fear.

10. CHAOS A.D., DISORDER UNLEASHED, STARING TO BURN, STARTING TO LYNCH

Many of those "enemies" will still exist without the state, and you can be assured new ones will arise as well.  Society in general always has enemies to combat.  The state just usually makes it into an even bigger mess, especially when run by people who may obtain profit from those enemies.

12. Honestly, because it works.. half the population still think 9/11 was by al quaeda LOL.. so they will do as they please until we really take charge. All apart of their new world order.. bush even talked about wanting a new world order.

13. The NWO nonsense is just another wild goose chase. 

14. Terrorism is essentially the new communism in America. The whole if you're not with us you're with the terrorists thing, that pretty much launched the new witch hunt. Gave the powers that be license to use the Patriot Act to tackle enemies of state however they see fit because they're not people with rights, they might be terrorists! Label a few extremists terrorists and most people will never realize that the only ones using fear and intimidation as a means to an end is their government.

15. Careful man, them niggas from Compton ain't play.