Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why Does The Smoke In A Bong Get More Harsh And Thick The Slower You Hit?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Sc0pe, Jun 14, 2013.

1. I took a hit just a minute ago and i was doing it slow, i could see the smoke getting really thick and hurt my throat

thoughts?

2. I guess hitting it hard allows more cold air through the rush hole, causing the smoke to be much thinner because its mixed with more air

3. With a slow hit it also gives the smoke more time to get stale in the tube.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. if you mean when you're actually burning the weed and creating the smoke, it's because a faster hit produces less smoke for you to inhale (that's why it's thicker, anyway)

if you mean after the smoke been sitting in the bong for a minute and the smoke gets harsher (never noticed it get thicker here unless the weed is still burning while inhaling that smoke), then it would seem to be because the smoke sits around and gets stale?

this

/thread

6. #6 Jimmy Carter, Jun 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2013
    You're all wrong. By pulling slower, you're increasing the smoke:air ratio.

Think of how a carburetor works ;)

Plus, higher amounts of oxygen will enhance the flavor, but that translates better with errl than flowers.