Why does the public laugh at MJ?

Discussion in 'General' started by cactusrat, Sep 18, 2009.

1. So I've been watching lots of vids and documentaries lately and noticed something that puzzled me. Whenever the topic of weed is brought up on TV to a politician or celebrity the most common reaction from the audience is laughter. Here's a couple examples that I can recall right now that you are probably familiar with.

Obama was being interviewed on some sort of late night news show and when asked if he inhaled marijuana when he used to smoke it he said something like "Yes, frequently. That was the point." At which point the audience shared a chuckle.

The other also involves Obama and when he was doing his online poll questionnaire shindig. When he announces that the most popular question out of any that could be asked was about marijuana and everyone starts laughing.

What is this all about? I can't image that anyone would laugh if Obama said that he shot up some heroin or if everyone asked about cocaine legalization or any other schedule one drug so what gives? Does everyone secretly know that weed isn't dangerous and that is why they laugh? I honestly don't get what would make them laugh about it. Anyone have any ideas?

2. I guess everyone laughs cause the stereotype of a stoner is shattered kinda like a big fuck you to the partnership for a drug free america

3. Lol causee everyone has done it it takes them down memory lane so to speak.