why does the music of today sound like shit

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by schnarrs, Jul 12, 2011.

1. why do kids and some adults listen to the garbage on the raido most of the shit on the radio is garbage

2. its their choice?

3. Yea the radio is filled with garbage. People have their reasons tho. As long as its not playin in my house

4. i like the old rap and the old emminem when he was crazy and controversial

5. Uuuugh......BECAUSE IT IS ? !!!!!!!!

6. Cause it's controlled by evil men in big black chairs with a small petting cat on their lap, they snicker to each other while they handle their puppets for their display puppet stage located near their feet. They have puppets strung out like Lil Wayne, Jay Z, Wiz Khalifa, and so on, dancing & singing away to make millions off of the musically challenged here in the USA

7. Don't say "today's" music, that implies that there is no more good artists. There is still a lot of good music being put out today, but you won't hear it on the radio, you gotta search yourself and find artists that are still keepin' it real.

8. Because they like it, and think the music you like is garbage...and their just as right about it as you are

9. #9 Smooth Criminal, Jul 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2011
    I think if real good singers start smoking pot a lot,the music would return as it was long ago.

Also why the fuck are kid's like Justin Bieber singing,I think that the industry needs to grow up.

10. the music business is 95% marketing and only 5% music (talent not required).

11. #11 die2014, Jul 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2011
    Music was probablly the best 80s-90s. i miss the old punk rock scene. When iPod's and iTunes came out. that's when music went to hell. they started modifying this annoying pop shit. The problem is it became too easy for people to make music and simply upload it to youtube or something. what bothers me is SO MANY amazing artists are better than those on the radio. yet they get seemingly no attention :( i guess you could say music is evolving. it has been since the beginning of music. listen to what we had in music 50 years ago. and listen to what we have now. we have this crazy dubstep shit :D and as it has been, all the music we hear today will be carried with us to the future. unfortunately alot of it will be merged with dubstep or something ;)

EDIT: I HAVE A REALLY HUGE COCK

12. The radio is like less than 10% of the music being made today, man.

13. 1999

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKa9PpKH0IY&feature=related]YouTube - ‪Kool Keith - The Girls Don't Like the Job‬‏[/ame]

14. I think the reason you feel that all the new music sucks, is because most of it does! People like Lil Wayne and Kid Cudi are prime examples of talentless rich kids who's daddy paid for studio time and someone to write songs for them. As far as I'm concerned, the entire Hip Hop genre has gone to hell with very few exceptions (Eminem). I like classic rap like Snoop Dogg and Dr Dre. Eminem is my all time favorite, even his new stuff. It's just half of the US population are brainwashed mentally handicapped fat asses who see people who look like them and speak in short grunting uneducated sentences like them like Lil Wayne or Lady Gaga and think " OH HAI I WANT TO GO THURR CuZ THEY UNDERSTSND MAI SPEERCH IMPEDIMENT" and that's how those talentless ass clowns makes money. Personally I think Metal is where it's at. A few astounding and recently new albums: I'm guessing on half of these dates feel free to correct me
    Rise Against - Endgame (2010?)
    Metallica - Death Magnetic (2008)
    Linkin Park - A Thousand Suns (2010)
    Eminem - Recovery (2010)
    Snoop Dogg - Doggumentary (???)
    Breaking Benjamin - Dear Agony (2009?)
    Five Finger Death Punch - War is the Answer (2009?)
    Basically anything by Rise Against, Breaking Ben. or Metallica

15. I'd also like to point out the rise in shitty music also directly correlates with the rise in the use of autotune.

16. Dear, this happens to us all. You are just getting older! The new music is ALWAYS crap!

Granny

17. Theirs some good mainstream music but even that for the most part imo lacks soul. To me its a reflection of our society and how uncreative and boring we've become thanks to the propaganda machine we call mainstream music/media. THEY want us predictable, they dont want anymore Martin Luther Kings, John Lennons, Public Enemies, or MJs comin along. Their happy with their American Idols, Lil fake rappers, and sell out phonies like Obama.

18. Reminds me of that south park episode

19. cause its easy to make not true gay shit

20. From an audio production standpoint, music of today sounds like shit because of the loudness war.