Why does the human brain have receptors for cannabis?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Tastytrichomes, Jul 8, 2013.

1. With weed being the only plant you can smoke that won't give you cancer, and actually fights off cancer cells in certain instances, isn't it even more baffling that our brains have receptors specifically designed for it? That is mind-fuckingly incredible. And no, I'm not acting like this is new information, but seriously, think about it. There is no fucking way it is coincidence.

2. subbd and I think its quite amazing as well

3. everything about creation is mind-blowing . we have receptors so we can be reflectors :smoking:

I wouldn't say they're there specifically for using cannabis, but because cannabinoids act as an internal regulation system for all of our body functions, so our body makes its own. Cannabis use just turns up that function a bit

Exactly.

Endogenous cannabinoids 

6. They're not specifically designed for cannabis. 

Cannabis contains chemicals that are similar to some neurotransmitters in the brain, and chemicals the body already uses for certain functions.

Did you know human breast milk contains some cannabinoids? They happen to be the very same ones that contribute to the munchies. They are useful to have in breastmilk because they give the baby "munchies" encouraging it to drink as much milk as it can to get lots of calories and nutrition, and get nice and plump like healthy babies do. 

7. So we can smoke that dank son. I don't need anymore of a reason than that. lol

8. the human brain has receptors for cannabis because cannabis is awesome :smoking:

9. I don't think it's very surprising seeing as..

A. How long we've been on this earth
    B. How long weed has been growing on earth

10. We have CB1 receptors because our bodies make a compound called anandamide that is similar to THC.  Anandamide fights cancer, depression, bowel disorders, PTSD, and more- just like THC.  The receptors are there for Anandamide- THC is just a very happy accident of evolution! Get a copy of "Granny Storm Crow's List" (bottom of my sig) and learn about anandamide!

Granny 

11. Well it all started with nothing.
    Then God said let there be light...few days later he created our great grand parents and told them they could eat anything they wanted except for one mystical fruit, WEEED.

The end....

^___________________________^ 

12. Chocolate affects the cannabinoid system aswell as weed :smoke:

13. God knew that this world is kinda shitty so he decided to add receptors in our brains that allow us to feel the effects of drugs that he created so we can overcome boredom and other thangs.

14. The human body is a trip. From gaseous noises from behind to bacterias in the mouth to help break down the food as we chew... Good times

15. Smoking weed causes cancer, it's just very minimal compared to tobacco. Smoking anything causes cancer because smoke causes cancer.Yes cannabis can be used to treat cancer, and maybe even cure it, but not by smoking it. You have to concentrate the cannabis in to cannabis oil like Tommy Chong does.

16. Hell yeah I'll never get cancer if I stick straight to hash oil

17. humans are fuckin dope..

18. I'm not talking about dabbing, and the cannabis oil im talking about I believe is different than bho, but I may be wrong.

19. This is nothing magical. We have GABA receptors for alcohol. We have nicotine receptors for tobacco. We have opiate receptors for opiates, amphetamine receptors for math, catnip receptors, chamomille receptors, etc. We have receptors for Tylenol and benadryl. All drugs respond to some receptor in the brain or body.

20. #20 Earth Ling, Jul 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2013

Getting cancer from smoking cannabis is extremely rare.  people should be more pissed about inhaling burnt fossil fuel and MTBE all day