Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why does the blunt run when I hit it?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by GanjaKid386, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Any tips on how to hit it where it doesnt run? When ever I hit it, it just runs, no matter what, any tips would be greatly appreciated. :smoke:

2. Hold the blunt loosly and do the same with your lips when you inhale.

3. roll better blunts

4. dam i thought there was gonna be a punchline

5. Practice rolling.
    Make sure its nice and ground up.

If all else fails, cut its legs off.

6. Perhaps........ blunt isn't too fond of domestic violence?

7. It shouldn't "run"...roll a marijuana cigar and you won't have to worry bout that(;

8. realistically, you probably didn't spread the marijuana out evenly.

9. I would run too when you would hit me.

10. the easy answer: roll better
    obviously that's not what you're looking for.
    if part is more wet or dry than another it can run. I've seen 2 opposing methods:
    1) after you've rolled it put it in the freezer for like 10 min, then nuke it for like 10 secs. Yes nuke it, in the microwave. I don't do this but a friend of mine does. i doubt it hurts the blunt but after all this the blunt tends to have a consistent texture to it.
    2) What i've seen a lot of people do with Js is lightly lick the whole thing. I suppose you could do the same with the blunt.

When a blunt runs on me i take a gob of spit(not too big, just like a lick on my finger) and rub just below the running spot so the other side can catch up. I do end up doing this back and forth on each side of the blunt throughout the sesh, but whatever.

11. fuck blunts bro, tobacco is nasty. shouldn't put it with your weed unless its wet as fuck and in that case just use some light tobacco and sprinkle it over your bud.
    remember to grind your weed nicely and invest in a good quality grinder. you can get a good one on ebay for £4.
    if you really need tobacco for smoking then you should probably go buy a nice bong, pipe or bubbler. I wouldn't recommend those cheap portable vaporizers, they are rubbish.

12. ^thats the spirit just give up on the bleezy
    and get yourself a bong:bongin:

13. its the way you hit it

i knew this fool that always hit a blunt for as long as he could and pass it back and say "its runnin bro"

i wanted to smack the shit out of him everytime

14. ^ made me lol

15. Blunts usually run for one of these factors:

The wrap was too wide for what was necessary, so on one side you have 2 layers of the cigar paper, and the other side has 3 because of where the cigar paper stopped rolling, you know? It can be like having an extra paper all down the side of the blunt due to the slower burning tobacco.

You left a loose spot in your roll

Uneven cylinder roll

Kief/hash/QWISO, etc if in a blunt can slow one side of you don't even it out properly.

Cheap wraps burn like shit most of the time like those nasty Double Platinums. Yuck!

But another biggie is how you light it. You need to take 1-2 puffs on one side, roll the blunt over 180 degrees and puff 1-2 on the other side. Sometimes you can roll it back over and again, or do the other 'edges' to form a 'square' on where you light it n

If you just light one side and leave it, usually one side gets the fire going first leading to a run.

16. Roll better and don't take huge ass rips off it. I watch people smoke sometimes and you can always tell which people also smoke cigarettes because they hit it like its the last hit they will ever take.

But yea rolling well takes practice and that's probably all it is

17. Usually I notice a runny blunt when I hit it too fast/hard.

Or if you want to take some spit and rub it on the side that is burning too fast. So that the side that isn't burning fast will catch up. And hopefully by that time they are near even and the saliva has evaporated.

18. Holding the part that you want to burn faster towards the sky in combination with the wetting the side you don't want to burn faster.

19. When you're rolling the blunt spread the pot evenly throughout the blunt (more in the front less toward the mouth piece). Then proceed to roll ( i like my blunts really tight and firm not loose, this helps it not to canoe/ run? as well). Once you finish rolling pack down the end that you light, then pinch and shake with your hand to force the weed down toward the mouth piece, this will make it more tight and firm. Then bite and light :p

20. its prob loose of not filled in properly...heres a few pixs...start with a swisher(grape) is my preference..
    [​IMG]
    start to break up your bud or grind if u want
    [​IMG]
    start to fill evely.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    then spread it out to make sure u get an even amount on both ends and start to roll, i do lighlty lick paper to get it somewhat stick for the blunt to close.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ENJOY...
    [​IMG]