Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why does shot gunning work?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Tokinsince2012, Mar 10, 2015.

1. So for those who don't know, shot gunning is where you take a hit, and you blow it into someone else's mouth so they can get high too. I personally think it's unnecessary and fucking disgusting. But I watched my sister and her boyfriend do it a few times.
    I read that 90% or more of THC is absorbed in your lungs within 3 seconds. So when you exhale, there's barely any THC left in the smoke. So why does giving the leftovers to someone else work? Since this is true, at lease from what people have told me, wouldn't I theoretically be able to reuse my own already inhaled smoke somehow? Maybe like blowing it into a paper/plastic bag like you do when you have a panic attack? Just a random thought. Please let me know what you guys think. I'll be going to work. I'll read your responses when I'm done.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. why does the world spin man its that illuminati shit

3. #3 RednecKreations, Mar 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2015
    It's like biting someone's else's teeth, just sucks.

4. this. !!

5. We always did it with joints....you light it and turn it backwards with the lit end in your mouth, and blow thru the joint to create a stream of smoke that the other person inhales.....

6. It works only as well as what you described. If the person receiving the other person's smoke has a low tolerance, then they could definitely get high. Also, it could just be a placebo effect.

7. from my experience, ive gotten a little buzz and so does my lady, plus itll usually lead to howdy doody time so....i mean come on haha.

8. It mainly works with people to new tolerance. I wanted to get my ex, gf at the time, high for her first time, except I didnt wanna get her too high. Sooood did the shotgun meathod, blowing my smoke into her mouth, and bam she got high.

Plus its fun to do ;)

9. naw, i used to shot gun my girl fat juicy bong rips, and shed cough and sputter like she was dying and her eyes would get blood shot instantly

10. #10 thehighkite, Mar 10, 2015
    Well, the same concept applies but with a larger volume of smoke. 10% of the thc from a big bong will get you higher compared to 10% thc from a hit of a joint or pipe.

11. We used to call that "afters" in my teen years.

True shotgunning is turning the J round in your mouth sealed between your lips (ya the cherry in your mouth above the tongue). Then the other person comes face to face so their lips are in line with the J. The person with the J blows and a stream of smoke will flow out the end while the other person pulls it in their lungs. This results in a massive toke. Good for lovers and people comfortable with their sexuality.

If you smoke cigs try doing it without the other person inhaling and you will see how much you can blow out of a cig.

12. #12 TheWhiteLighter, Mar 10, 2015
    You beat me to it was talking with the wife for awhile before I finished my post. Pretty much described it identically and I didn't read your post. Cheers Bud.

13. agreed

14. We used to call that a blow back.

15. We called it a Bob Marley reach-around

16. Nice guys. The joint thing is kinda cool I guess. I'm just not into inhaling smelly breath and used pot smoke. The low tolerance makes sense because that was exactly when my sister first started smoking. Thanks for all the responses guys.

17. The right way to give a super is to put the spliff in yur mouth backwards and force a heavy stream of smoke into the other persons lungs u till they can't take it anymore this way your not blowing inhaled smoked into someone's mouth and they get super high. Used to do it in high school all the time. These days I'd only do it to some hot ass girl guys breath going into each other in that way is kinda gay.