Why does shit smell like shit

Discussion in 'General' started by Rivera, Jan 11, 2013.

1. I don't really know. I need answers

2. [quote name='"StalinApproves"']Bacteria[/quote]

Why does bacteria smell like shit

3. idk..its weird how our bodies make shit though..like how does something tasting delicious come out looking so fukn sick..smellin like asshole an its not even edible..like ud think cuz we ate some delicious stuff r shit would have a good taste buut nuhh..

4. so you don't eat it
    lol not just so you don't eat it, but so you don't handle it and know when you are around it. Safety man, natures shit scent magic

5. [quote name='"SmokeyH"']

so you don't eat it
    lol not just so you don't eat it, but so you don't handle it and know when you are around it. Safety man, natures shit scent magic[/quote]

Great point indeed

6. Shit smells like shit because of methane and other gasses that are realeased as a result of bacteria eating it.

Google=knowledge

7. ^^Exactly, I feel like through evolution and conditioning, things that are good for us smell and taste appealing, and things that aren't smell shitty. It's kinda like instinct, otherwise cavemen would have no reason to go look for berries and meat when they could just eat their own shit. But obviously that's not nutritious at all, and nature needed a way to show us that.

8. Ya man, its a natural instinct so we avoid it haha. Its one of the reasons we can smell, to help us either seek good things or avoid bad things. We also can sense when another human is releasing hormones, either in response to a sexual situation or a confrontational one, and we can subtly detect this even if we dont consciously know it. Its one of the ways to find your perfect genetic match - so if you like your partners BO, theyre right for you! hahah

9. Perhaps it smells so bad to us as a defense mechanism... Things that smell bad to us often are harmful to our health if consumed so we won't be tempted....

10. I thought you were talkin about somethjin else for a minute there :laughing:

11. Why does shit smell like shit?

So that we know it's shit.

And not something else.

12. A. Bananas
    B. A female goat
    C. Seinfeld
    D. Torque wrench
    E. All the above.
    F. None of the above.

Hey, you said you needed answers. It's a shitty question, so I thought I'd give you more of the same. :D

13. Never go full retard...

14. Shit smells like shit cause its the smell shit gives off. Thats like asking why bananas smell like bananas.

15. [quote name='"tokinITguy"']

A. Bananas
    B. A female goat
    C. Seinfeld
    D. Torque wrench
    E. All the above.
    F. None of the above.

Hey, you said you needed answers. It's a shitty question, so I thought I'd give you more of the same. :D[/quote]

I'm thinking torque wrench

16. i actually can answer this because of the recent knowledge i have learned from watching Neil Degrasse Tyson on the Joe Rogan Podcast.

The actual gas that is in farts and feces is harmful and could be deadly if you were to breathe in enough of it.

Over thousands of years some of our species would be killed off by this gas and we recognized that it is deadly..

Our senses have evolved into detecting things that are dangerous so our nose lets us know..

It gives us that pungent unpleasant odor so that we know to stay away from it..

pretty crazy.

17. Because it's shit?