Why does nobody seem to care about freedom or liberty anymore??!?!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SoundClown, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Yeah this is exemplified in the sudden push to take down statues of historical figures like Robert E. Lee or Jefferson.

Here in Canada they are doing the same thing, demanding the removal of the a statue of the founder of Halifax because he put a bounty on natives.

They make sure not to mention that he did it because of relentless raiding by tribes in the region.

Or how about Sir John A. Macdonald's name being removed from schools and other buildings because he supported residential schools(like most people at the time).

It's as though people can't comprehend the idea of grey areas of morality, which is essential to the study of history

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Some say that Sir John was a White Supremacist.

Imagine that.. hehehehe

History professor Timothy Stanley says our first prime minister was a white supremacist.

In 1885, John A. Macdonald told the House of Commons that, if the Chinese were not excluded from Canada, “the Aryan character of the future of British America should be destroyed …” This was the precise moment in the histories of Canada and the British Dominions when Macdonald personally introduced race as a defining legal principle of the state…

3. Fizzly!!! So good to see you back in here brother. Hope you and your family are well. We need a bit more reason in here.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Hey Johnny! Sorry it took me so long to get back to this thread again.

All is well with me and my life -- thanks for asking. Not so sure about the country though. Doesn't seem to be salvageable. I've toyed with the idea of moving to Florida, much more liberty there than here in the shithole NYS. But moving at my age, and alone, is not something I can see myself doing so it probably won't happen.