Why does my weed disappear when I vape?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Loner Stoners, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Hi guys, I have one of those desktop vapes that uses a whip. I noticed that after each hit I take, some weed disappears from the whip. The screen is in place pretty good, so it's not the weed simply falling out. Does anyone know why some weed disappears everytime I vape? Is this normal?

2. could be burning up? check for ash

3. I've noticed this as well.  Doesn't happen all the time but I do occasionally appear to get less abv to weed than I thought I'd loaded.. 

Glad it's not just me :)

I don't think it's burning, I can usually taste it when it combusts. My other whip that i use for high THC strains doesn't have the problem of weed disappearing. With both whips, I vape at a higher than normal temperature while still being careful that it doesn't combust. 

5. Hi guys, I have one of those desktop vapes that uses a whip. I noticed that after each hit I take, some weed disappears from the whip. The screen is in place pretty good, so it's not the weed simply falling out. Does anyone know why some weed disappears everytime I vape? Is this normal?
    For example, if I put in 0.6, then about 0.1 disappears with each hit I take.

6. Maybe your smoking it?

7. Hi guys, I have one of those desktop vapes that uses a whip. I noticed that after each hit I take, some weed disappears from the whip. The screen is in place pretty good, so it's not the weed simply falling out. Does anyone know why some weed disappears everytime I vape? Is this normal?
    For example, if I put in 0.6, then about 0.1 to 0.2 disappears with each hit I take.

8. #8 Grow2dab., Nov 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2014
    It shrinks as all the liquid evaporates out of it.

Either that or it's too hot and you are burning it.

9. We are melting stuff off the bud so of course there is less. When we do it low and slow eventually you get stems and dust. We are vampires sucking the life essence out of the buds. And then we make cookies.

10. I know this isn't funny because it's serious, your weed is disappearing. But it just made me think imagine if someone posted "Why does my weed disappear from my joint?"

Or why does food disappear off my plate when I eat it?  :confused_2:

12. If the temp isn't so high that it's browning quickly you probably aren't smoking it but it's worth considering the possibility I'd think. Assuming temp is ok I'd think it's fairly natural.

If you look at close-up pics you'll see trichomes, those create rough spots and protrusions which help to fluff the bowl. As they get cooked off that fluff collapses. Between that and water loss which was already mentioned I'd think that probably accounts for most of it.

13. You have a shitty vaporizer

14. Yes. I can put in a .5 nug and vape it to a .2 nug.

15. #15 Grow2dab., Nov 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2014
    I've found it's better to stir the bowl after each rip with a whip style to vape everything evenly and prevent hotspots that burn. It takes me maybe 2-3 weak (but crazy flavour) rips before everything comes up to temp then I get maybe 4-6 big milky rips before the bowl is spent/loses flavour.

What's left in the bowl goes into my edibles jar.

16. Magic

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. Maybe its some of that fluffy hydro grown stuff sometimes I noticed when it gets all dry it just magically disappears but I didn't see any episodes about things like that on the magic school buss so I don't know what to tell you :(

18. Didn't you know that vaporizers literally *vaporize* your herbs into thin air?

*POOF*  One second it's there.  The next it's gone.  :laughing: