why does my plant look like this.....

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by elliotgreen, Feb 6, 2017.

1. #1 elliotgreen, Feb 6, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
    hi im new to this forum and new to growing, my plant has been growing for 2 weeks now and the leafs are really wide and not serrated. I was feeding it nutrients but flushed two days ago because it wasn't looking healthy and was told to wait a few weeks. Has anyone here seen anything like this? [​IMG]

update: the new growth is looking more like cannabis leaves now! when should i start feeding her again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[​IMG]

2. That almost barely looks like a pot plant lol... but I couldn't tell you what the problem was, some just have mutations with leaves especially the first couple of sets that grow, so just keep doing what you're doing and it should stack up normally.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  3. Trash and re start

bigger pot next time please

4. if your growing in good qualty soil you don't need to give the plant any nutes at this stage (looks over feed with grow nutes but not burnt)
    thats why the leaves are dark green and its stunted the plants growth

also the leaves look like there dropping, common cause is when the plants overwatering

would have been more helpful if the picture was taken under better light

5. [​IMG]

hopefully i have saved it in time and it was in a really small pot to begin with so i was watering every day because it was drying out too quick! now im just giving her plain tap water its not as bad as it was but is growing slow now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yeah I'm not sure this will survive but you never know. The way to know when to water is to stick your finger in the soil up to the first knuckle if its wet don't water if dry water.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Probably pH issue. Despite it almost not looking like weed.. Its still green and healthy.

8. i was adjusting my ph but was told on another forum its not needed

9. You were told wrong. :/

10. what you just said and looking at the plant makes a lot of sense

sounds like your plant was root bound in the smaller pot and this can stunt the plant for a week or more after potting it up, 100% sure it will recover if you keep giving the plant tap water when the soil drys out

in 2-3 weeks time this will be a beautiful indica plant with short node spacing and large fan leaves :)

so don't worry

11. i have been told to flush my plant with tap water 3 times the size of my pot then from then onwards water with tap water that has been sitting for 24 hours because my soil automatically adjusts my ph! i was adjusting it to around 6.5 before hand

12. thats the thing its almost pure sativa which makes the wide leafs even weirder

13. *leaves

Sent from my SM-G930P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Soil does help to buffer the pH, yes, but only to a certain extent. And leaving it out for 24 hrs before watering with tap is also correct.

If your tap is between 6 and 7 it should be fine. Just always take it from the same source, same faucet.

• Like Like x 1
  15. my water comes out at 7.3

16. add some garden lime to the soil
    mix it in round the edge of the pot
    this will automatically adjust the ph in range and one box will last years

• Like Like x 2