Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why does my friend throw up whenever we smoke?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by danielle0525, Aug 14, 2018.

1. My friend and I have smoked twice together, the first time went totally fine, but the second time she started having a panic attack and then she threw up and she was throwing up for the rest of the night. I figured it could’ve just been a low tolerance thing or maybe it was the strain, but she tried smoking a few times after and she got sick everytime. I know weed isnt for everyone but it was just so weird to me that she got sick and threw up almost every time.. anyone else have any idea why this is happening?

2. Is she hitting it too hard and coughing a lot? Is she smoking on empty stomach? It could literally be a million things. Sounds like greening out. Has she tried microdosing?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I've only ever seen people throw up after smoking weed when they have smoked way too much. She is probably just smoking too much and greening out. I think she should try taking smaller hits and wait 30 minutes or so between each hit to gauge how high she is. That way, she can be more sure whether she is able to handle another hit or not.

4. Cannabinoid Hyperemesis Syndrome (CHS) is a fancy term for stoned vomiting. It isn't too uncommon, and is in fact on the rise as more people use stronger cannabis (or was in 2011. Probably still is.) From what I read in this NIH abstract, there are several cannabinoids that have different effects on the emesis (nausea) system, so while cannabis is known to be good for nausea suppression, concentration of different cannabinoids can actually induce nausea and vomiting.

Hot baths are recommended to alleviate symptoms, and changing strains might alleviate her problem. They say the effect can last up to 48 hours.