Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why does my body have this strange reaction when I smoke?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by zooted47708, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Every now and then when I’m smoking, seems more so if it’s a bong (even though I use my bong all the time), I get a more stiff neck and back to where i have to hunch over, my legs shake, my skin gets pale, i see my tattoos move around my body, my eyes twitch, and i feel like I hear distant laughs or voices but I’ve never actually heard one say anything lol.

The first time it was creepy but it’s probably happened 5 or 6 times in my 2 years of smoking. I’ve kinda always dismissed it as a “bad reaction” or a panic attack but I’ve had those two and this is much more physical than mental and I couldn’t find anything on the internet with these symptoms

I got an EEG scan last summer bc I felt i might have some neurological or brain damage bc of a head injury I had 3 years ago. I didn’t mention the marijuana thing to the guy because my mom was with me every time I talked to him and she’d kill me lol (but I just wanted to make sure I didn’t have anything serious in my head)

I still smoke regularly but after one of those happens to me I usually take a little break after.

I was just wondering if any of you have had this similar experience when high or know anything about it

2. How old are you if you can't say you smoke weed Infront of your mother??

You should always tell doctors what drugs you do as it can help them determine what is wrong with you.

It sounds like weed just isn't for you.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. My avatar is a pic of my tattoo. When I'm high, but only when I smoke from a glass pipe, it comes to life and drinks his beer. My mommy isn't alive anymore, but she didn't mind weed. She always asked me for joints.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Lol I’m 18 now but 17 at the time of the doctors. and like I said I’ve been a pretty big stoner for the past 2 years and this has only happened 5 or 6 times. It’s just strange

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Have you tried microdosing with weed? You basically smoke 0.1/0.2gs instead of packing a fat bowl

You might be getting anxiety because of the ammount you're smoking at once

6. Try a high CBD strain. CBD reduces brain inflammation and CBDa is neuroprotective. CBD also has anti-psychotic properties, so it can counteract the negative effects of THC.

7. I don't think this is an anxiety type issue. Do you only have this happen when you smoke? Or maybe you cannot tell if you smoke throughout the day?

Those symptoms you stated leads me to believe there is definitely an underlying issue and not just some anxiety.. Do you take meds? Mental health issues?

8. I have general anxiety but I’ve learned to deal with it pretty well and haven’t had that bad of anxiety in a while. It only happens when I smoke but on rare occasion. It for sure begins as a panic attack and feeling too intensely high. I don’t really freak out though I kind of just ride it out until it goes away and I’m fine when it does.

9. I read that some people can experience hallucinations with a panic attack, interesting. I never thought people can have that. Do you buy your weed from the black market or dispensary? I tend to have some anxiety so I stear more toward indicas, were you smoking a Sativa by chance?

10. Sounds like a little bit of anxiety. Your body has different way of reacting to high amounts of stress/anxiety. I am leaning towards this answer because your problem isn’t consistent. It’s what makes the most sense to me. But I’m not a medical doctor. Just a semi smart pothead.

• Like Like x 2