Why does marijuana have some many haters?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by LovingTree, May 7, 2010.

1. Ive seen people post on a lot of popular forums, on youtube, and facebook, all over really that weed is terrible... It depresses and angers me that they would think that way.

Heres a few statements I read...

\t\t\t\t \t\t \t\t\t\t\t\tNo. I have better things in life to get "high" on.
    Plus I don't want disgusting tar destroying my lungs nor permanently damaged brain cells & brain cell loss.

Nope and I never will; can't stand the smell. I'm actually very proud of not ever smoking it to be honest. I don't need an illegal drug to make me happy, to have fun, get me through rough times, or to think creatively. I will never understand that about people, why they need drugs as a crutch in their life. But then again, they'd probably never understand why I don't need one.
    \t\t\t\t \t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t

What kind of bull shit is this? Lol.

Why do people hate it so much? It's like they're trained to hate it.
    Why are people so against it? Any way to change their views?

2. One word homeboy. Propaganda

3. ya but also think about the people that are on "popular forums, youtube and almost worse than myspace,facebook."

4. Propaganda, and they haven't smoked before.

5. Though you may be able to figure out how people think and why they make biased statements like that, you'll never be able to change their stubborn minds, in many cases. All we can do is laugh and continue living our own lives. Some people are just stiffs.

6. To hell with them. Just think of it like this... there's more bud for you. They aren't smoking your share.

7. #7 greenbliss, May 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2010

Not like, they are.

Here's some things people have said to things I have posted on youtube.

1.most people who drink are not addicted, thats not the case with weed. And it depends on the individual.

2.actually it does kill people. i have had very very close friends of mine killed. my grandmother who used to do so has had friends die, many of them.
    i have read some of the latest medical journals and it is twenty (referring to the cigarette/marijuana harm claim ratio, something we had discussed earlier).
    Look i'm not looking fr (sic) i (sic) fight i'm just saying don't talk down just because you arent. i do not talk down about methodists even though i'm not, thats all i ask. i hope you have a wonderful life and i hope the weed doesnt hurt you

This one was from when i trashed a straight edge video:

3.You're an ill-informed douchebag. Clean living is the way to go. Nothing wrong with being straight-edge. People who do drugs for non-medicinal purposes are follower douchebags. I like to remember things and not fuck up my body with illicit substances. So fuck you you follower, unoriginal, stoner faggot.

Drug free= morally straight= a productive individual

4.And you will go absolutely nowhere if you continue smoking pot you fucking follower, that's all you are and all you ever will be if you continue taking illicit substances

I messaged him (sender of 3 and 4, same person, same video) again asking why he was so hateful, and he did later apologize for his harshness.

5.They are making fun of pot smoking losers like you.

6.Why do you think its cool to smoke pot? Idiot.

7.its sad how you take so much pride on (sic) how much you know about weed. stupid fuck.

5-7 was another weed video, with 5-6 same sender

One time my mom purposefully made me feel awkward by standing next to my door yelling anti weed stuff across the house to my brother who yelled back so I would over hear the conversation. The conversation was MADE for me to over hear it.

I guess people still believe the propaganda which is unbelievable. What are they thinking "yeah the government has lied to us for 80 years about marijuana, but they have to be telling the truth now, there due for a good performance"?

8. I don't mind if someone doesn't smoke. That's their choice, it's not up to me to decide what they should and shouldn't put in their own body.

It's when they think they're superior to us because they don't smoke, is only when it pisses me off.

9. same here

10. The man in the suit and tie tells them it's bad, therefore it becomes bad.

It sickens me that those are the type of people who will vote no for legalization, or even decriminlization. Those people are my enemy, they're the reason why it's still illegal. A bunch of fuck nuts.

11. “Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it”

^ Adolf Hitler

/thread

12. Uh, yeah, I gotta go with this. I mean hell, how many of you here had that same "Drugs are bad, mmmkay?" attitude before taking your first hit and experiencing the wonderful world of...

couch-lock.:smoke:

13. I think the more important question for these folks who are dead set against it is:

What would they do if weed were in fact legal?

And I'm not talking just decriminalized, I'm talking 100% legal, like alcohol.

Yeah, watch them line up at the dispensaries once they realize it's not even nearly as "bad" for you as alcohol, and you don't wake up with a hangover.

I can promise you that the only thing you'll be smelling in the air after that will be the stench of hypocrisy.

14. Thousands of times. Was on the same road of yeah alcohol! Get drunk! But then I discovered Cannabis, haven't picked up a drink since. GG

15. My (least) favourite claim is the one that our brain cells are in fact being killed, but we're too dull to notice it.

That's just...hillarious.

16. Well let me just light up another one while a laugh at those ignorants,saying my weed is bad!!, pfft. :smoke:

17. The same reason some people still think the government wasn't behind 9/11... PROPAGANDA.

18. That person's reason is rational. I too, ask myself, "why they need drugs as a crutch in their life".

I also don't force it upon people to understand why I smoke. Actually, there is no other real reason for me to smoke other than it just makes the shit I do, 100x better. It's not like I can't go a day without it, because I've gone years. Lol.

19. Well, actually, I'm not so sure I agree. Replace "illegal drug" with "cell phone" in her statement and see if it still makes sense.

I guess what I'm saying is I'm against people being judgmental about something they have never tried, especially those quoted by the OP who judge with opinion and propaganda and not fact.

Of course, we're all guilty to some degree for judging like that, so I guess I'm being a bit hypocritical myself too...

20. #20 Drivenone, May 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2010
    As a responsible adult, I don't hate marijuana, but medical marijuana laws, or the need for them is stupid.

My only argument is that I don't think medicines should be smoked. And the laws do not allow for healthy people to use it. Yet, cigarettes and alcohol which cause cancers are allowed to be consumed by anyone over a certain age regardless of health status. I can't think of any other plant where the doctor writes a prescription. Most plants are suggested by alternative medicine gurus and professionals.

The use for pain seems to be out of whack too when looking at individual state laws. Some states allow use for pain caused by cancers, but not a headache. What make the pain different in those states? Is headache pain worse in California than it is in Michigan? What about altitude sickness in Colorado? If I get altitude sickness with pain, why can't I get a one time prescription for some Chronic?

Yes. I want marijuana legalized, but I also want it taxed. This could cause more use and dependency issues future generations. While I don't have kids, you do. If I'm not willing to recycle and save the planet for them, why should I exposed your kids to a narcotic? Shouldn't I be more concerned about preventing this devastation?

Anyway, people in America are entitled to their opinions regardless of how wrong or right they are. I'm not going to hate them. The only reason it should be legalized is to generate taxes for the Government to rebuild our failing infrastructure, our ailing health care system, and every other conceivable use for tax money from the H-Bomb to education.

EDIT: Why isn't my prescription from California doctor good in Illinois? I still have the condition and a doctor gave me a prescription for marijuana while recommending that marijuana will not complicate my medical condition. Why should the treatment for the same illness be different in each state? Should the treatment for the illness be uniform and have nothing to do with lines on a map? Yet, I can take my script for morphine pills to any Walgreens in the country and get it filled.