Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why does marijauana have some dramatic prices in other states?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by imalwayscold, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Washington, I pay $50 for a quarter, $125 an ounce, $450 a qp and around $1500-1800 for a pound

I was in Hawaii and paid $50 for an 1/8th. They claim its hard to smuggle in but the weather down there should give someone with a green house a monopoly on the pot game. Idk, if I could rate it- 3-4/10

I went through two different guys, I would have bought more but I had enough

2. #2 Storm Crow, Jan 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2014
    Supply and demand + risk levels + stick it to the tourist whenever possible =  $50 an 1/8?

Granny

That's not what marijuana should be about. It shouldn't be a means of under weighing it and selling it for more - it should be a plant that helps you get throught whatever youre facing. You shouldn't charge so much for something so peaceful. Keep that price range for people that do other things/

4. buts its still business. Everyone, no matter what job they are doing, thinks they are underpaid. So why wouldn't dealers charge more if people are going to pay it. Pharmaceutical companies still make heaps of money selling drugs which save peoples lives

5. Lol bitch its a drug

As a rule most people selling illegal drugs care more about money then you being too broke to smoke your troubles away.

I don't have money troubles, I have a great career- do you?. why are you being a dick to me for no reason?

7. Where I'm from people pay $65 1/8

I'm so sorry to hear that. Its just not like that in Washington state. I pay that much for just a plain shirt. I never spend more on pot than I do on designer fashion. I just got back from Hawaii and had to pay 50 for an 1/8th of some mids, nothing special. spent more of my money on marc Jacobs store and alcohol

Be grateful you live in a place with liberal laws and dirt fucking cheap prices. Shit cost 400 here an ounce and 50-60 per 8th depending.

10. That's how it it's here! Luckily I have some pretty awesome friends who hook me up pretty good

11. I can't imagine paying those prices. Hell, I guess I would just grow it myself since I have my medical recommendation. That's the reason why I pay so much less. Or else it would be 20 for a dub, 40 for an 1/8th and 80 a quarter and so on

12. Well to answer the thread title, the prices range so dramatically for a myriad of reasons:

- States with a bigger weed scene always have good stuff for cheap because the supply exceeds the demand
    - Number of people in the area selling
    - General people that inhabit the area (if you live in a place like The Village in New York where there's tons of hipsters and more artistic types you can find pretty much anything no problem)
    - Individual dealer inflation prices

You get the idea.

13. I was trying to use bitch in a "lol, bitch please" sorta way.

I wasnt referring to you specifically on being broke either lol, i obviously have no idea how much you make. Just saying dealers want money, not a friend.

Ohhh, I am sorry bro. I can't help but take offense to most things because most people are trying to put me down and I don't understand why. We be good, bro- we be good

15. [quote name="allyshajanelle" post="19421567" timestamp="1390909860"]That's how it it's here! Luckily I have some pretty awesome friends who hook me up pretty good[/quote]If a qp of dank cost me 450 I would be high way too much.

16. PA prices are usually 60 an 1/8, 100 a q, 180 for a 1/2, 350 an oz. i pay much cheaper prices than that because ive been going to my guy forfuckingever but thats standard. and it sucks. 

17. Broke bitch is probably paying 450 for a qp of mids. With her not knowing wat the fuck dank is ass

ㅠ ㅑㅅ cㅗ ㄴㅁ ㅛ ㅈㅁ ㅅ

18. Who said they were paying 450 for a qp?

19. Unfortunately it's a business. I pick up QP's and HP's on a regular basis. Even at that level, I am looking at $285-$325/oz if I'm lucky. I had to pay as much as $400/oz at one point. It's all about location and supply. Living on the east coast, I think we have it the worst.

I've been to Hawaii too, and you must have had some back luck with your hook ups. Cause the stuff that I got a hold of, even though it was $20 a gram, was some of the best stuff I have ever smoked. And at this point in my life, I would definitely say I have had quite a diverse weed experience. I picked it up on the way to a bar, just because I wasn't sure I would find it after I got out. Bagging it up and stuffing it in my shoe, it still manage to stink up my entire vicinity at the bar. Luckily no one seemed to care too much.