Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why does it take so long for me to feel edibles?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by PaperZonly, Feb 29, 2012.

1. I usually just make firecrackers. I dig the taste, and it's a simple single dose edible. But... it takes around 3 hours for me to feel it kick in. Sometimes I'll burn one while waiting and it seems to actually boost the firecracker. My last time, I ate a firecracker, 4 hours later still barely anything, I smoked half a blunt, let it marinate for about 15 minutes and it was in full effect. Looked in the mirror and my eyes were blistered. Theres no way that half a blunt could have gotten me that ripped. So why does it take so long for edibles to come onto me?

2. Depends on if you've eaten a lot before you consume edibles, your body has to digest them

3. [quote name='"Nicefudgenlife"']Depends on if you've eaten a lot before you consume edibles, your body has to digest them[/quote]

I've done it on empty, partial and full stomach. It seems to come on in about 3 hours instead of 4 if I've ate something before. But I made em a few weeks ago for a trip, I ate 1, ddnt feel anything and went to get something to eat, and while I was eating this hamburger and fries the firecracker came on hard. Its got me stumped...

4. [quote name='"PaperZonly"']

I've done it on empty, partial and full stomach. It seems to come on in about 3 hours instead of 4 if I've ate something before. But I made em a few weeks ago for a trip, I ate 1, ddnt feel anything and went to get something to eat, and while I was eating this hamburger and fries the firecracker came on hard. Its got me stumped...[/quote]

Hm, for some people edibles don't work as well. You might just have a crazy metabolism. My suggestion is to consume more or cook with more weed. When I cook my pot I make sure I use a half o in just about everything

5. One thorn of experience is worth a whole wilderness of warning.

6. It all depends on how long your body takes to digest the edibles. Over the summer my friend made cookies for my bday and i ate three at like 6 pm and then fell asleep waiting for them to kick in, i woke up at like 3 and i was high as fuck and my eyes were red as can be lolol

7. Smoking is synergetic with edibles, meaning you get much higher smoking less since your body already is flooded with thc. So if a dose of edibles was too low to feel much, smoking could put you over the edge. I think you need to try some real edibles now since firecrackers don't seem to be doing it for ya. Check out how our very own BadKittySmiles processes her cannaoil, I had an 8th of good bud that I used to make into 20 POTENT brownies, had my gf on her ass for 17 hours, and me for a good 12 hours with my tolerance. It's all about the processing, also addition of soy lechitin (BKS explains this in her first post in the thread what soy lechitin does) will help to bring the onset of edibles faster.

http://forum.grasscity.com/incredible-edible-herb/742831-badkats-cannapharm-canna-caps-uv-reactive-glowing-hash-candy-canna-bombs-more-22.html#post11299348

8. [quote name='"DrSheldonCooper"']Smoking is synergetic with edibles, meaning you get much higher smoking less since your body already is flooded with thc. So if a dose of edibles was too low to feel much, smoking could put you over the edge. I think you need to try some real edibles now since firecrackers don't seem to be doing it for ya. Check out how our very own BadKittySmiles processes her cannaoil, I had an 8th of good bud that I used to make into 20 POTENT brownies, had my gf on her ass for 17 hours, and me for a good 12 hours with my tolerance. It's all about the processing, also addition of soy lechitin (BKS explains this in her first post in the thread what soy lechitin does) will help to bring the onset of edibles faster.

http://forum.grasscity.com/incredible-edible-herb/742831-badkats-cannapharm-canna-caps-uv-reactive-glowing-hash-candy-canna-bombs-more-22.html#post11299348[/quote]

That'd make sense because I can take 1 rip off of a grav 3-4 hours after consuming and once again be extremely red eyed.

9. [quote name='"Dannyp224433"']It all depends on how long your body takes to digest the edibles. Over the summer my friend made cookies for my bday and i ate three at like 6 pm and then fell asleep waiting for them to kick in, i woke up at like 3 and i was high as fuck and my eyes were red as can be lolol[/quote]

Same happened before w/ me. Ive woke up at 6am before and these things were in full effect til about 9-10 am.

10. 3 hours sounds like a long ass time to have the edibles 2 hit you. Takes me about 40 min

11. Depends on your enzymes man, I'm a weird one. It once took edibles 6 hours to kick in for me, and it's always incredibly weak regardless of how much I have.