Why does it matter male/female?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by w4rr3ng, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Can someone help? Why does it matter if a plant is male or female?

2. Really? Because only the female plant grows the buds which contain the THC that gets you high. You could have easily gotten your answer by using google btw....

3. Just like with us... boys just sprinkle their baby making juice (pollen) all over the place and make a mess and women create beautiful babies (buds/weed as you know it)

4. Females are the ones you want. They produce the buds. Males produce pollen sacs which will not get you stoned and will pollinate females and make them seed

5. For segregation reasons

6. Google and the GC search button are your friends, use them.

7. What do you do with male plants? And how do you pollinate female plants? Or do they make buds on their own?

8. Why dont you google it and find out?

9. If you are too lazy to do a simple search, you arent going to be a successful grower. Growing takes a lot of knowledge, dedication and hard work.

10. This guy speaks wise words with the knowledge dedication and hard work

11. Females grow bud on their own, whether pollinated or not. Pollination causes seeds to form, with no pollination you have seedless bud (sinsemilla), which is what you want.

OK, that was my good graces, from here I agree you need to read up. Fresh newbies are on here every day, asking the same questions over and over, and that is why there are sticky threads -- your most likely questions come pre-answered, how cool is that?

12. As stated, males make pollen and females make bud. Females normally have higher thc levels.

Some of the older generation will dry and smoke males as well. They usually do contain some thc. Personally I would use them for hash trim at the most. Really though a immature male is doing to have next to nothing and isn't a huge loss to just cut and toss.