Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why Does Isopropyl Alcohol Take So Fucking Long To Evaporate?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by viva420, Jul 2, 2014.

1. I used to use 91% but switched to 99% as soon as I found out that 99% even existed. Both of them take so long to evaporate, it drives me crazy.

2. I mean, when I clean out my glass pipes I kind of just let them soak. Then shake it every half hour or so. I have 2 glass bowls so it doesn't matter how long it takes for me.

But just let it dry overnight and you'll be fine

3. I'm actually making hash oil and for some reason it always takes days to fully evaporate no matter the concentration.

4. Use a little heat.....

5. I would it's just that I can't do any suspicious looking shit because I live at home, but heat does work no doubt about that. Why does iso alcohol take so long to evaporate though? Shouldn't it evaporate faster than water?

6. Most people do, it's better than living at work or school

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. I've heard heat makes it lose potency, just put a slow blowing fan on it if you can.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. ohh that makes a lot more sense!

9. it does evaporate faster than water, if you want it to evaporate even faster boil some hot water and make a hot water bath, or put it over a space heater, or if there's a minimal amount of iso left you can put it in the oven for a bit. 

• Like Like x 1
  10. #10 Sammyy, Jul 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2014
    I put mine on a heating pad and keep a steady low temp with a fan blowing over it. Evaps pretty quick and only use the amount of iso you need don't go overboard it won't pull more thc out only take longer to dry

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Holy balls I did an iso-wash of my grinder. I had it in my dorm bathroom, but had to move it to my room because my roomemate brought someone over and I wasn't sure if they were herb friendly. I had a fan on/incense on but not a window cracked because my room is right by the hallaway. I got so fucking dizzy from the fumes in my room, almost passed out

12. A fan blowing on the surface helps, if you have a hotplate put it on looww heat or a radiator at your home in which you live.

13. Haha reminds me the first time I got some iso a mate grabbed it and took a massive wiff and fell over, I was in stitches!

14. Do a double boil! Always worked the best for me. Just make sure to keep the iso solution between 70-80c or 175-200f so the potency and thc levels dont go too low for consumption. Any hotter than that and you risk just burning your product.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. OP is 4 years old.. my guess would be they don't need help anymore lol

16. I never double boil, takes too long for my impatience. I put the liquid in a glass bowl and hold a hair dryer blowing onto it on medium heat until it’s fully evaporated. Usually takes me about 5 minutes and doesn’t smell up the kitchen.

17. The rice cooker method works great. Just made 25 grams the other day

• Like Like x 1
  18. How long does it usually take for the isopropyl alcohol to evaporate fully?

20. You need a heat fan. Have it blow on it for a few minutes it'll evaporate all that iso in a few minutes I do this all the time. I use a small airworks fan it's like 30 bucks