Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why does everyone hate shake?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by PotBlazinSwimmr, Mar 21, 2011.

1. i mean its the same quality of weed you were smoking, but just broken off the bud? whats so bad about it?

2. I like it shake personally.... Saves me the hassle of grinding lol

3. Around where I live, people grind up leaves and sell it as shake. But if you get some good, bottom of the bag stuff then it can be even more potent than the buds themselvs.

4. im not a hater of shake, but i would rather prefer the bud.
    i mean why not have a pretty bud to look at over a bag of scraps? :)

5. damn your on your on a roll with these threads, we do have search lol :smoke:

6. i only like shake when im out of weed or when i have a bong in hand. But i perfer buds. BIG BUDS. oh man i love BUDS. i love breaking them up. I love sticky fingers. I love the smell.

Shake is for bong rips for me. BUDS are for B-L-U-N-T-S

7. This is sooooo wrong...... :(

But maybe it's just me.

Oh, and I don't like shake because you have NO IDEA WHERE IT CAME FROM!!!

Bags of shake are like hot dogs. No one knows what the fuck are really in those things.....

8. Normally, I'd put the buds in a bowl, and put shake in a blunt, since pipes get me higher quicker, thus not needing as much. Save the good stuff :smoke:

9. Bags of shake are also like Lindsay Lohan then...

10. I love shake because usually my dealer just throws it in for free since they don't really sell shake...

Smoking wise I can't really tell a difference if there is one at all, my shake always seems a little kiefy anyway.

11. Shake isn't so bad. It's already broken up

12. I got 4gs of purple kush shake for $20.. so I kinda like it :smoke:

13. #13 th3_chr0nic, Mar 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2011
    Shake is generally composed mainly of leaves and leaf bits. These frequently burn harsher, taste worse, and have less trichomes than the bud they came from.

I wouldn't call broken up bud "shake." I feel the term refers more to the bottom of the bag bits that have "shaken" off the nugs in the bag. Or perhaps fallen off because the bag was "shaken?" Who knows...

14. I don't hate shake. Shake is fucking great.​

15. I always thought Shake was annoying, Meatwad and Frylock made the show for me, to be honest. And Carl, of course.

16. No one really hates shake, as shake is simply the loose pieces of bud that "shake" off in the bag. Thus, if someone were to hate shake, they would really be hating the bud it came from.

People hate getting/buying shake, for the reasons mentioned above.

So I guess as long as you are sure the shake is coming from a legitimate source, why not take the discount??

17. I don't personally hate shake but when it comes to putting it in a bowl, it becomes one big fucking hassle. Having it in bud form makes it bowl-safe, so you don't have to worry about losing all the green going down into the water... or your mouth. :smoke:

18. When buying, it's harder to tell what you are getting, it's harder to tell the quantity, and there is less kief. I always grind my weed before smoking it, though.

19. Man, to me marijuana is marijuana. If I get high, I am satisfied. No this doesn't mean I go and buy schwag just because its cheaper. But if I get high, I am happy.

20. I don't mind shake at all. Who gave you that idea?