Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why Does Everyone Hate Shake?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Haruto, May 29, 2014.

1. I understand that nugs are desirable and pretty to look at, but can anyone give me a valid reason why they bitch at/think their dealer should give them a cheaper sack for the same weight of weed that you're going to grind anyways?

2. Cuz shake isn't ground up weed. It's the shitty bottom of the bag loose leads and trim that fall off the nugs, fuck that. I bought 10$ ounces of shake in highschool, never again, shit is nasty. Sticking to the shatter

3. #3 Deleted member 281310, May 29, 2014
    Last edited: May 29, 2014
    i don't have a problem with shake but i would expect a discount for a bag of it because of aesthetic purposes and because a lot of shake has a lot of those hard green stemmy leaf sorta things. but on the plus they don't have long stems all over

4. Depends on the shake I suppose. Some times bags of shake would be desirable to me. If it came from a bag of headies. All the THC collects at the bottom of the bag anyway. The shake just sits in it, especially if the by product of a big bag of weed. Careful handling = possible loads of thc.

5. I always wondered what shake was, I see you guys in the states using that term all the time but didnt know what it was. In the UK we call it dust.
    So yeah op now I know why people would bitch up, fuck buying dust for the same price as bud.

6. it's good to mix it in with ground up bud or if you aint got a grinder the shake can be useful if you want to roll a joint or blunt. I heard the CBD is in the leaves anyway

7. Shake can really mean a bung of different things. Could refer to trim, could refer to leaves and stems, could refer to weed that that has fallen off the nug. So their could be good shake, but fuck ill never spend a dime on it when I can get crystally dense buds instead

8. To the people saying that the dealer basically owes you a discount: you do realize he paid the same price as nugs for that weight, right?

9. #9 BurnAFewDown, May 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2014
    Don't spread misinformation without sources.

Yay 4000th post :D

10. it's not misinformation as I said i heard that CBD is in the leaves. Never once did i say it IS in the leaves.

Congrats on the 4000th post though.

11. Shake does not really mean that its the quality part of the bud. It's the bullshit that falls off the bud during harvest/drying/curing. It tastes like ass and does not get you as high.

12. Some of the dankest shit I ever smoked was from a 5 gallon bucket of shake from several strains/harvests.
    But it's kind of a broad term, I've also had "shake" that nobody with common sense would try to smoke.

13. I don't believe that.

Not true. Shake can also be the flakes that accumulate at the bottom of a large bag of weed, say an ounce or QP. It isn't the trimmings, they would have to bag those up aside from the fact. Actual shake can get you high. It's just the buds falling apart in the bag. You must have smoked the wrong kind of shake.

15. shake where i'm from is the tree that falls off the buds when it's sitting in the jar or bag. just to be more specific
    That is trim, at least where i'm from.

16. You are right. Ok I understand what you are saying, and yes it gets you high. But if it aint in bud form, give me a discount. Not a big one, but a discount nonetheless.

Yeah, that's what others are saying. I would expect a slight one too, nothing major.

As for trimmings, I've never smoked those. Only used them for edibles.

18. Do you want to pay for a steak meal and instead get served an appetizer?

19. true that. Personally if its a miniscule amount of shake and theres fat dank nugs in the bag then thats fine, but if you got half nugs half shake then theres a problem lol

20. Shake is mostly leaves not nearly as potent