Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why does cigarette smoke decrease lung capacity and weed doesn't?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by LonelyStonerx, Mar 7, 2016.

1. I always noticed that people who smoke cigarettes daily have a decreased lung capacity and get out of breath easier. I haven't noticed that with weed exclusive smoking and apparently studies show that weed doesn't decrease lung capacity. What is it about the cigarette smoke that does that? Or is it the sheer amount of smoke they intake? Or the expanding nature of the smoke?

2. Weed does too. As does old newspapers. Smoke is smoke to your lungs. When you smoke weed, you smoke very little compared to someone who smokes cigarettes.

3. Because of the type of carcinogens in tobacco smoke vs cannabis. Yes all smoke is bad but not all smoke is the same.

4. Because tobacco is poison and cannabis isn't.

5. I'm sure there's a lot of reasons, but IMO I find the actual tobacco smoke (with whatever other chemicals are in it) to be harsher in general than weed. For example, if a friend was smoking a cig while driving, and the smoke would blow entirely onto my face, it's really pungent and harsh, and sometimes makes my breathing really shallow. I also feel like it's slightly suffocating, if more than one person is smoking at once in close quarters. However, when someone blows weed smoke directly onto my face, it has a much lesser effect. I actually love the smell of lingering weed smoke, and I like when weed smoke lingers around me for a while, but some people don't. I dunno, maybe some people like tobacco smoke as well.