Why does anyone NOT grow?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by letsplaybrick, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Besides living with parents or a bad roomate who wouldn't grow weed? Its involved but not overly complicated, you save insane amounts of money growing your own and you know what your getting and that its not sprayed or laced. If your careful and take the right precautions and don't tell anyone your chances of being caught aren't very good.

On top of that its a hobby, you learn alot about weed and plants in general and get to see your work and patience pay off in the end. Its kind of like any other hobby except when you build a model airplane in the end you get to look at it for a while....in our case depending on how much we cared for our plants we get to smoke our end result and get blazed :smoke:

2. There are several reasons. I personally think risk is someplace at the top of this list, another maybe children in the household, and I think laziness may be in the top 5 reasons.

Personally, when it comes to risk, I grow a very small amount, avg. yield of just under 3 oz's every 90-100 days, which is plenty for me. I believe even under today's draconian laws I could get it dropped to misdemeanor possession. At present prices in my area, given 1 oz per month, I'm saving an avg. of $250 ea. month or $3K every year. I'm also not taking the risk of being pulled over on my way home, walking into a house being investigated by authorities, and having my face & name out in the streets in various drug circles. So many talk about "I only deal w/ people I know" Hey! Cool, but they are no above detection by authorities nor are they below any law enforcement radar. Furthermore, that is probably less than 2% of users that buy off the illicit market. I feel my risk are less by growing my own.

If I had small children in my home, I would not grow, for obvious reasons. No child deserves being placed in foster care and I could never forgive myself if my child was taken and placed in the system. I grew up in the system since 11, it is a nightmare no child deserves to live. So I commend those users that have children and do not grow.

Laziness, most just do not have the heart or determination to grow. "Why bother, Joe always has stuff", etc.... I trhink laziness speaks for itself.

Bottom line IMHO: people who grow for personal use are quietly and anonymously doing their part in the fight on prohibition; why you ask? Because every ounce that is grown for personal use is an ounce not being sold by a dealer which places a dent in the illicit market. The illicit market is why it is kept illegal and until it is not worth a dealers while to sell, they will keep selling. I think every MJ user should grow their own even if it is a just 25% of their yearly use, that is 25% taken away from the illicit market.

peace

less

3. Great response.

4. If I grew, it would just be going back into the illicet market... which it will be, as soon as I can start.

5. I desperatly want to start growing my own. If I could be 100% self sufficient, meaning able to grow enough weed for my own personal use and to smoke up my friends every now and then, I would be completly happy. Who cares about growing for profit? I would look at it as a way for me to enjoy doing what makes me happy without thinking "I should be putting this 40, 60, 80, however many dollars into my savings account" or whatever, and that would be a dream come true! Plus I'm sure the quality is MUCH better, and you don't have to worry about 3.2 gram eighths and getting huge stems or any of the usual things you have to factor in when you're buying from someone else....

6. Translated.

7. Some people just dont because of thier situation..
    Patience is one of the main resons also.
    Some peole are just scared so they buy which there is nothing wrong with that.
    If they happy with what they get they will just continue to buy.

Growing isnt for everyone... Shit is stressful.
    Shit makes you on ya toes at all times esp if you sling your harvest.
    I started gorwing for kinda the sport when I was a teenager and was always a lil paranoid, kept it under control but shit had me on edge.

People scared to buy bud nowadays so growing is straight out of the ? for many smokers.
    So until its decriminalized or straight legal I doubt many pple in these situations will change their minds, right to the dealers.

ps 3.2 1/8? straight being played get at that dealer.:mad:

8. I personally want to grow simply because I do not want to keep asking ppl for weed. The less ppl know I smoke the better. I'm growing for the learning experience, for anonymity, and to save money.

9. pretty much the main reason

THE LAW

most people dont want to risk going to jail, they would rather buy a 1/8 from there buddy then worry about the 2 plants in their closet for 4 months