why do YOU want marijuana to be legalized?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by smokablu, May 25, 2011.

1. I personally do not rly want marijuana to become federally legalized. Marijuana accumulates more money than any other industry at the moment. If it were to become federally legalized it would turn into another product of greed in our country. There is too much profit to be made off of it for big corporations to not try to exploit it. You can compare the legal weed industry to tabacco. They have so many additives in a ciggerette that its hardly just tabacco anymore. I believe the same thing would happen with marijuana. Another example is the food industry. So much our americans diets now are made up of corn because of the processing that all of our food goes thru before it gets to the consumer. Its near impossible now to grow 100% organic food and distribute it on a mass scale. There are too many laws and restrictions that stop farmers from growing as big as these food processing corporations that are owned by our govt. I'm believe in time they're going to find ways to make even more of synthetic grows that we've already come to have done with hydroponics. The mass amounts of bud in the short amount of time they'll have due to demand will make for corporation growing and change weed how we know it. I live in california and have my medical card and I do enjoy how it is at the moment, I think its a good median for small farmers that do organic growing can get their marijuana to the public without as many govt restrictions as there would be if it were federally legal. That's just my opinion tho, I don't see how something that would be distributed on such a massive scale that is supposed to be an organic product could be completely monitored and made sure to be KEPT organic. How do you guys feel on the matter?

2. So I don't have to hide smoking what I love.

3. So im not scared to blaze up and worry about getting arrested..

4. Well, if it was legal you could grow your own so you wouldn't even have to worry about chemicals.

5. Because the government has no authority to tell me what I can and cannot do to my body.

6. Not everyone will grow themselves tho and it may become addictive like ciggerettes one day. Growing yourself is a good option I just feel like it'd be bad for the majority of ppl

7. Grow your own weed like everyone said, also I don't think it'd be corrupted as easily.

8. Click that first link in my sig and READ why it MUST be legalized!

Granny

9. So it can fund organized crime instead? I don't really like thinking about effectively paying terrorists whenever I pick up. It's not a nice feeling. I would much prefer to help the economy. It's fucked.

10. so people don't go to jail/prison over it. pretty obvious

11. so i could blaze in public and let fellow smokers blaze that shit out my bong while walking down the freaking sidewalk.

On a side note i'm sure it would be illegal in public just like drinking,
    + taxes.
    All in all I love prohibition.

12. #12 smokablu, May 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Our govt already funds terrorists. The cia distributes mass amounts of cocaine all over the country. They make busts on drug dealers and use the seized money to help over turn govts in other countries. That'll never change.

13. [​IMG]

14. What a nice forum this is...

Where do you think all the money goes then genius?

15. @op, the only thing is that cannabis and tobacco are two entirely different things, tobacco can be grown on your own personal property, but it is much harder to cure properly not to mention the chemicals added. Cannabis however only takes a couple months to grow and then cure quickly, easily allowing for anyone to grow their own bud.
    Cannabis would be nearly impossible to grow over huge fields while still being able to harvest enough quality bud to pay for operations if done like a tobacco farm. If anything, it would be like the wine industry, some places would be known for best climates to grow in and the overall quality and aroma would be major factors determining how well it sells.

but not having to put up with dealers in general and being able to pick up quality bud anytime from somewhere down the block would definitely make it worth a few bucks extra in taxes

16. Because I'm sick of being labeled as a "bad person".

Because I'm sick of people claiming the lies are facts.

Because I'm sick of paying outrageous prices.

Because I'm sick of people being able to drink socially in public, while they can look at me negatively because I smoke a bong in my back yard.

Because it isn't hurting ANYONE.

Because I want my rights back.

Because I am an equal just like everyone else and finally want to be treated like one.

IDK WHAT ELSE~~!!$@%@^$7

17. Legalize it.

All that scare-story crap about the feds ruinin our weed and it would somehow be bad for most people is bullshit. I would have to see it to believe it, and I'll gladly take that chance of being wrong in my prediction just because this prohibition drug war shit is what we refer to as: "way fucked up".

18. So society can start thinking outside the box, outside the grips of human government, and be spiritually and mentally enlightened.

19. 1. Alcohol is legal and arguably more dangerous in the manner in which it alters your behavior.

2. It's already done a lot but cannot be taxed in many areas where it is not legal.

3. It has medicinal uses (very good for nausea imo)

4. It's only a "gateway drug" because it's illegal. Due to it's illegality in many areas it is offered by the same sellers who also sell harder more dangerous and potentially lethal drugs. Legalize it and it is no longer in this inventory.

20. #20 javan, May 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2011
    It's wrong.

Why is DMT illegal???
    EVERYONE produces it every night, it's in plants, animals, everything living.
    Hell, mothers release DMT forty-nine days after conception.

Meth, cocaine, heroin -- that shit is horrible for you, but it should be a choice of freedom.
    If you're not smart enough to think for yourself and question the world around you -- then...

People need to take responsibility for themselves and their world, it's not a hard concept.
    Most people are just ignorant and refuse to evolve as an individual.

Time to grow up.