Why do you think religion was created?

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by superguy72, Jul 9, 2013.

1. to control the masses

2. Humans have always wanted to attribute an answer, with or without evidence, rather than admit we do not know.

3. Because people needed something beyond their own arm's length. There is always religion and there always will be, if they can make money at it. Watch "religious" by bill mahar and you might piss yourself if you high.

As far as myself, that's my issue do deal with. I feel that I have no right to tell another person they are wrong in there belief system.

THAT SAID... If this round of civilization(us) fails, which is now basically a reality, then poof... 2000 years later and there is some new race that will study the digs and our weird stuff. Probably the biggest question will be "...they had all this, Why did they fail??"

The next topic is what of ours will they find. If they find all govt secrets, they will know why we died out. If they find playboys, they'll think we died of an STD. So many options . Will have to ponder sometime.

4. Religion was created because people are weak. Mentally, some people

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Humans need a way of life to follow.  Otherwise what's the difference between the life that is plants and the life that bleeds.

6. Pretty much what he said, never heard of the alpha male quote but that is pretty smart.

7. Look up the work of Zecharia Sitchin... Basically he created this whole theory about these aliens called the Annunaki, who genetically modified the ancient humans (still monkey looking at the time) and combined the Annunaki DNA with ours, and created humans... Now that's gonna sound completely ridiculous, but think about it... In the ancient Incan writings that this guy based his work off of, they said the place that man was created was called "E.Din". That's kinda creepy. Now he's not misinterpreting their writings, this is literally what they wrote... Now take this into consideration and read the bible or just think about religion. It's creepy, but maybe "God" created us in his image... Literally... Ok so yeah that's my way of thinking about religion, it's just an ancient interpretation of things they couldn't understand.

8. I think man made religion because at the time people lived short, shitty, brutal lives. They needed something to look foward to after shitting their guts out, dying of a fever, or getting chopped up at war.

Sent from my MB865 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. i always thought rich people thought up religion so poor people wouldn't kill them

10. I always thought that religion was a byproduct of the human brain and its incapacity to understand who or what created us or this world we liv in
    Almost like a coping mechanism

11. If you truly believe this then why don't you drop technology and live like our ancestors did? Technology is what propels us further and further into finding out the answers we seek and solving problems.

12. Which we never will be able to understand

13. #33 Happily wild, Jul 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2013
    You're right on track with this movie I just watched called the book of Eli. It was pretty good. It was about denzel washington in a post apocalyptic time, and he was protecting the last bible on earth from dictator intentions. Everyone viewed it as an instant route to power because of all the anarchy in their era. But I think a contributing factor was a sense of hope that it gave people. Life was pretty hard in ancient times and there wasn't much room for pleasure. I think it was the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow that got 'em out of bed every morning ;)

yeah basically what SF said

[​IMG]

Good god, that was ignorant as hell lmfao!

15. I need technology to advance my curiosity. What I meant was that our knowledge is limited by technology. We can only know what we can prove... with technology. The more we advance technology, the stronger we grow.