Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why do you smoke?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by dstrkt, Oct 12, 2008.

1. Plain and simple, why do you choose to blaze the herb?
    Not to sound condescending, but I'm sure we all have our own reasons.
    Do you just do it to get fucked up and high,
    for legitimate medicinal uses,
    or for spiritual use?

Elaborate

2. There are a few reasons why I do it, ironically I used to be Anti-Pot a year ago lol

here are my reasons:

1) I like the taste

2) I wanna experiance every potential my mind can go through while smoking

3) I like to get high

4) Helps me sleep

5) Helps my mild depression and anxiety

6) My whole family has done it (and in some cases, worse stuff)

7) It's a fun way to chill with friends

and that's pretty much it

3. I just started smoking but...

Honestly, it makes me feel.... it makes me feel loose. Less uptight. I've been anti smoking ALL my life, up until about 2-3 weeks ago when I FINALLY gave in to my friends. I blaze it occasionally now, but I try and keep it real you know? I don't want to let it overtake my life to where thats all I want/do. I dont want weed to be all I buy. I don't want to rely on it, or become unmotivated because I'm high all of the time. I want to keep my life in check, and get high at night when I have some free time.

A lot of my friends have lost a lot because of weed, I mean - it's their fault. They only want to connect, they only want to blaze. All they do is call friends over to connect and blaze. It's like... their life centers 24/7 on being high, and they don't have jobs. I want weed to be my escape, but I want it to be my escape when I have something to escape from. I don't want weed to be my life 24/7 and not have a job you know?

I blaze because

1. Feels good

2. I like the altered perception of reality

3. I understand movies and tv shows so much better

4. It helps me connect with my friends on another level

4. Damn you've only been smoking for two weeks?

Wow, way back, when I had been smoking for two weeks, my reasons had been totally different from what they are now.

Shit, wish weed was as exciting as those first two weeks...

5. forgot to mention that it helps me enjoy music ten-fold :D

It also helps with school, I wouldn't be getting good grades without the ganja (thank god this is my last year)

6. because i enjoy it. period:smoke:

7. because all the cool kids do it.

8. i started to smoke weed to try it i went almost 20 years with not doing it when alll my

friends where smokeing i felt i was to young to be smokeing pot. but i started and have

found it to be of great medicinal use i have diabetes and i have problems with my feet

not healing they would take 5-6 weeks to have the infection clear up and i got a bad

ingrow toe nail like always right before i started smokeing and i smoked everyday sence

then but my toe healed up in less then 3 weeks and im still having great results with my

feet healing!

9. It's extremely relaxing, the perfect way to wind down at the end of the day and get some amazing sleep.

It's also amazing for cramps.

10. It makes me feel really good, I can just sit back and chill and enjoy things with it and its just overall great.

When I feel shit and hungover it can be somewhat of a medicine and make me feel alot better and I like to get high really.

I also wanted to put a bit of weight on and the munchies are helping me do that ahah! It makes me sleep real good too!!
    :smoke::smoke:

11. 1. Keeps my head up when I'm depressed

2. Calms my insomnia

3. Stops me from having dreams. cuz i havent had a dreakm i enjoyed since i was like 15 (im on a Tbreak for employment, and i had a fucked up dream last nite... shit freaks me out)

4. appetite stimulant

5. Makes life more fun... esp. just chillin with some good friends

I could go on, but thats the mains

12. i blaze cause

it relaxes me

i understand tuff way much better and for my depression

13. #13 Mr. Bunglesmith, Oct 12, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2008
    I've used recreationaly and medically. I love being high, always fun...there's recreation. About a year ago I was diagnosed with lymphoma (a kind of cancer), and had to go through chemotherapy...which is a hell I wouldn't wish on even my worst enemy. While medical marijuana isn't legal in Massachusetts, I used it for nausea...self prescribed of course. That's all over with now though.

Currently I use it for depression, as an appetite stimulant (my appetite never fully returned after chemo, sometimes if I don't smoke I'll go for a day or two without eating) and recreation.

14. medically for me
    depression

15. #15 kush<>~, Oct 12, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2008
    - To relax after work
    - To relieve _____ symptom
    - Enhance creativeness, the moment etc.
    - Chill w/friends
    - Help focus

16. Remember back when you were a little kid and almost everything and practically nothing would entertain you. Smoking makes you feel like a little kid again. Also I cannot get to sleep without smoking first

17. Great Thread :hello:

1. Helps me wake up.
    2. Helps me at my lunch break to get through the day.
    3. helps me after work to have some fun.
    4. Helps me go to sleep and have nice dreams.

18. because it looks blazealicious!

:smoking:

19. Smoking let me find out who I really am and who I want to be, or maybe who I didn't want to be.

I like being high too, though. Who doesn't? :)

20. I have yet to find anything that I enjoy more on a consistant basis than bud. It rocks.