Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why do you smoke?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Oranj, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Why did you take your first hit? Why do you keep doing it? Nothing simple like 'its awesome' but what is it? For me I did it to experiment with my close buds back in junior high an none of us had before, but I kept doing it because of how much easier it makes life for me so I'm never really down.

2. nice topic!
    After trying to commit suicide, i was looking for a way to help me with a different outlook on things. I decided to give weed a go as nothing else really worked (Zoloft, Lexapro etc. etc.) and it has made all the difference in the world, I've smoked ever since. It's helped me form amazing outlooks, and helped me make plans and goals in life which i am currently working to achieve!

3. My brother and his friend always used to sneak out and smoke it and they always wanted me to come, so one night I snuck out of the house and blazed for the first time. I couldnt tell if i was high or not the first time so i kept doing it till i could tell. now i do it becasue it makes it easier for me to communicate with people and it also makes things more enjoyable in life.

4. I smoke because it feels good and it relaxes me.

The motivation of a fat bowl at the end of a day helps me get through the tough days.

5. Thank you ! I got into really heavily cuz of a highschool breakup, really got to me so I started smoking alot along with my other reasons. i also find now that it's great for people, one of my way friends I have now I hung out in the first place solely because of weed, it's great for making friends and meeting new people.

6. Too feel normal

7. I dont get the above answeer: how do you feel more normal then ''normal'' on pot doesnt really make sense I hear that on other dope but the only I ever felt that I feel normal now ahhh feeling is when Im coming down or withdrawing.

now to the topic , I decided to have my first hit after a basketball game was waiting at bus stop so old friends they had joint so I said what the heck and just took a toke you know? tasted harsh as fuck lmfao. I didnt even feel anything I think its cause I didnt inhale properly but that first puff was like anything ive ever smelled or felt in my mouth so earthy and dry lol

8. Like I said when I was trying it out with me friends we didn't know shit so we didn't inhale, we got high because we smoked so much. I was sorta the leader of the thing cuz I did it more an i felt like a badass with my homemade pipes and bongs lol

9. I need it to function smoke when I get up before I eat before I sleep etc. burn 10-14gs out of bong weekly and been like that for a while

10. this topic made me think of a quote i forgot who said it tho. Its gos something like I Smoke to celebrate the good times and I Smoke to get me through the bad times. I think this is true for me to extent. But as a daily multiple times a day smoker i keep doing it realy because it just makes me feel sort of balanced mentally and physically. Im a med patient and It takes away any minor irritations or discomforts i might have. I also just love the stuff!!

11. I smoke because of my freedom of choice and because it opens my eyes.

12. I just sort of came to a place in my life where I was randomly open to it. Like I would only be open to it for a short period of time every year or so (odd mental disposition ftw?)

I just happened to be offered weed at the right time.

Then I realized this is almost the tailor made miracle cure for my life.

Antidepressant
    Mild analgesic
    Sleep aid

Life enhancer :D

Basically everything I was looking for. and it helped me overcome my Alcoholism

It's been that extra push to make the lame extraordinary and the extraordinary divine.

13. My friends who smoked loved my personality and thought I would be even more fun stoned. I had been SOOOOO big on not smoking in High School, but they talked me into it. I only did it with them for a while but after buying my first bag of weed and pipe I have been a daily smoker since. Except during my pregnancy and unfortunate dry spells.

I suffered from anxiety very badly before smoking, and found smoking actually helped me. I use it now to wind down from my nights, or if I start getting panic attacks, or if my stomach starts to flare up and causes me pain and nausea (spastic colon and missing gall bladder thanks to the pregnancy). It helped me eat when they were trying to diagnose my problems, and it helps me now when my medication isn't enough.

I must admit, for the months I was smoking strictly medicinally, it felt like a chore. I actually started to resent smoking, I dreaded going to the bathroom to smoke because it was no fun being high 24/7. I'm much happier smoking once a day or twice if I need to. I love the herb, but after being a casual, a medical, and now a once a day smoker, I prefer to smoke once a day. Winds me down better than wine, my husband prefers me high over drunk too, and Far Cry 3 is much more fun when you're stoned :p

14. yeah i feel you

15. Well I first tried it with some friends as I'm sure that's how most of u started and I just continued cuz it's relaxing and makes everything better. Simple as that. It actaually makes sitting on the couch staring at the wall somewhat entertaining

16. I smoked for the first time because of peer pressure. Didn't really feel high or anything, didn't care about it. A year later, I smoke because my friend asks me if i want to. I don't really get high this time either
    Finally, a year after this I found an interest in drug use in general, and give it a try completely of my own will, and not because anybody asked or insisted. Instantly fall in love, and ever since then, not counting 7 months of probation, I have smoked almost every single day of my life.
    I smoke because it makes me feel good, it will conquer almost any ailment that bothers me at the time, and the lifestyle, and people I have met because of it are invaluable and irreplaceable.

17. I started smoking mostly because of boredom. Nothing was really going good in my life and I was willing to try anything. When I started smoking, all my anxiety, depression, and awkwardness sort of faded away. I smoke now with all my friends and coworkers and it is a huge part of my life.

18. I was kind of born into it. Both my brothers smoked, my dad tells me all his stories of smoking weed and it helps me enjoy life more.

19. #19 Infamous Smoke, Dec 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2012
    I started because I started reading about drugs and weed stuck out to me as being safe so I said why not. I live a busy life, weed Relaxs me better than taking hours to relax. I find smoking makes me more logical, because I have two views one when sober one when I'm high. It helps with my PTSD, it helps my depression. I have goals I wanna be someone and I'm working to that goal and will not stop untill I succeed, weed has given me the metal tools to be who I want, I have learned a lot because of weed, I have met great people because of smoking. This is why I smoke.

20. To enjoy life better man. It's always good to see the world in a different state of mind. It helps me see through all the bullshit and figure things out for what they are objectively. I've been finding out a LOT about life lately just from smoking weed and contemplating the world as it is. I think I'm gunna become a philosopher and write all my shit down one day.