Why Do you smoke Weed?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by dorian, Oct 8, 2010.

1. I don't know. I think to live life. And whatever comes next.

2. I think about many things that would never cross my mind without smoking weed. I also love that it makes me laugh my ass off.

3. i smoke the herb because it makes the world a bazillon times better. nothin beats taking a bong rip and going out to do anything, or stay in to game for that matter. what else in the world can do what weed does for you?

4. It helps me wind down.
    It makes me appreciate the little things in life.
    It makes music/funny movies a lot better.
    Being high feels amazing
    I've spiritually matured significantly since I started.

It's not physically addictive. You can't die from it. For that matter, the health effects are more positive than negative (Watch Super High Me).

Weed can only ruin your life if you let it do so.

5. I always am wondering why different people smoke weed so this really got me interested. A lot of the responses directly relate to my reasons.
    Marijuana really leads to a self awareness through the introspection you get when you smoke (in my opinion smoking alone does this more efficiently). One of my favorite things is music, so i love to explore different types of music while high and really connect to the emotions in them. Also, the enhancing of all senses, not just taste, make it an incredible experience. I don't think humans that take shits and will die one day should tell other humans what they can and cannot do with a plant that grows from our natural habitat.

6. i love

she loves back

7. if any one can understand i can answer why EVERY ONE smokes weed

weed intoxicates which in turn alters ones consciousness to a point of near perfect alignment with your higher self
    making you very happy and care free about the negative because you are on a different vibration (everything is vibrating and has a frequency) and in tune with your inner self,, which is what alot of new age society is doing

its complicated if you have any clue what ^that means then you can get it if not its too deep to understand....

8. I smoke because it's always a great time when you're stoned.

some may say the same thing about other mind altering substances but for me cannabis is different.

Like others have said it doesn't only help one unwind but it also tunes ones self to a whole new frequency.

It allows you enjoy things that might not be appealing when sober. Music, food, chores, writing a paper, you name it.

Music is a perfect example. I can probably listen to nearly any type song and enjoy it for its own unique creativity. I will appreciate it for being one of a kind if you will.

To a degree i believe it heightens your higher human senses like creativity and philosophy and slows you more instinctive or animalistic tendencies like motor skills or displeasure/irritation.

9. #29 dorian, Oct 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2010

right on!

10. #30 Felt, Oct 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2010
    It relaxes me... a lot. Physically it soothes and turns any slight pain into a gentle euphoria.

Then it also makes my mind sway sometimes like a storm and other times like a stream. Daydreaming and laughter. Reflections and deflections.

It also makes me eat a lot of fuckn' food if I have it in front me.

11. Many reasons some spiritual, psychological, and social.

I feel like i see who i really am with this world. I feel music and understand it on a different level. I feel words and lyrics from songs and i actually feel the meaning of those words and the subconscious value of those words and what they represent. I see different views of myself i see how egotistical i am i see my negatives and positives of me and me....my materialistic self and spiritual self. I can see who i really am.

I come up with the greatest theories ever. I feel the emotional values in words. I feel the greatness and awe of every millisecond, second, minute, every bit of time i exist.

I can look at a persons argument from a non biased point of view and feel what they mean with an open mind.

I have fun with my friends or with myself i love music, food, games, and basically all of life on a whole different level. Weed is amazing i can't even describe it.

Its so sad that the our government doesn't want us to be happy though so they want to make this illegal.

12. the simplest answer is because, it just feels good, nothing more, just good vibes all day i try

13. Because the feeling is unlike anything I have ever experienced. I appreciate everything way more (food, music, sports, etc..). It also allows me to tap into a creative part of my brain that I can't usually access. I love weed and I miss it quite a bit.

14. Why do I smoke weed? That's an important question to me and not one that I can wrap up in just one easy sentence.

I started because I was bored with what I was doing and where I was in life. It was curiosity and the heart felt desire to experience something different, to feel 'more alive.'

In the beginning, say the first few months of smoking, weed was basically an instant life enhancer. It was an instant mood enhancer if I was feeling down. It was a way to expande my consiousness when I wanted to explore my thoughts and think about things in a new light.

After the 'honey moon' period was over, I have to admit, smoking pot became more of a habbit, just another routine I did because I was so used to doing it, and it didn't enhance things to the same extent or as consistently. When I realized I was smoking just for the act of smoking and not really reaping any tangible benefits from it, I decided to take a break.

Now I am much more moderate in my smoking habbits, but I enjoy the high. I typically smoke now before going to bed, as it's the only consistently effective thing I've tried that completely eliminates the problem I have at night with my mind wandering in dark and negative areas. I smoke and my anxiety and negativity just goes away and I'm at peace and able to get a good night's rest.

I also smoke as a legitimate form of self medication when I'm having stomache/head ache issues.

And lastly, I sometimes smoke with friends or during activities to enhance the experience. The key difference for me is to not have the act of smoking be the experience itself. Then it's just another routine, another habbit. If you use it more sparingly but with a clear intent, I believe the experience is more satisfying, and the high compliments your life, rather than smoking just because it's become part of your routine.

15. I smoke weed because I see it as nature's perfect plant. It's hemp is the most versatile material on Earth, and it just happens to grow buds that have a profound effect on the human mind.

It is one of the most (if not THE most) versatile natural medicine known to man, it opens up your mind and it just generally makes everything better. It enhances all of your senses.

It makes me see the world as a whole, rather than focusing on the "now".

Read my blog entry to understand what I mean! It's a work in progress, I'll be writing part 2 shortly.

16. ive lived my life without cannabis, then i lived my life with cannabis. i would never turn back.

its the fucking best.

17. Update

Its literally the clouds for my feet to step on ala super mario bros mode seriously this world drives me nuts too much for me to be constantly roaming on it

18. Knee injury, but I started smoking at an earlier age. Surgery would fix it, but its theres a 30% chance my knee will become unusable. And thats too much of a chance for me :p