Why do you smoke cigarettes?

Discussion in 'General' started by MarleyIsaLegend, Aug 14, 2011.

1. I dont have to, and i smoke like 1 cigarrete a day, maybe 2

I eat a bowl of cereal a day, am i addicted to cereal?

2. lmao :rolleyes:

3. Did you know weed gives you cancer? .... Its a fact, the goverment said it was true it must be real.....(sarcasm intended to prove point)

4. i started smoking after leaving the crisis unit a few months back

5. Both my parents smoked, so I too started at 13 yo. Saw both my parents die of lung cancer, and I finally quit. Hardest thing I've ever done, and I could start back today.

6. I'm addicted. That's pretty much the only reason. I get nothing out of it. The taste sucks. It makes me feel like shit, but it's worse when I dobt have one

7. I started smoking because nearly every adult around me as a kid smoked, and I was always curious what it was like.

Plus, when you're young and don't know all the bad shit related to smoking, it looks cool. These days everybody says: "Yeah painfully dying from lung cancer's real fuckin' cool dumbass", but when you're a kid, ignorant of its effects, and all your favorite actors in your favorite movies smoke, it just looks cool and you're somehow drawn to it.

These days I smoke because I'm addicted. All smokers, I think, run on tension and release of tension. We all know it's bad for us in the long run, but since lighting up a cigarette feels so good when you haven't had one for a while, it's something to look forward to.

I know they only taste as good because I'm addicted, but when someone's really itchy and starts scratching and the itch disappears, you don't go telling them: "Yeah well scratching only felt good cause you were itching!"

That's what smoking is like :p Build-up of itchiness ("Itching for a smoke") and then scratching. Stopping is like not scratching an itch for a couple of days. It sounds easy but as the itch gets worse and worse, the majority of people don't feel like waiting for it to pass on its own and so they scratch/light one up.

8. Why smoke at all if you only smoke 1 or 2 cigarettes a day?

Quit while you're ahead :p

9. Two statistics for you guys:

1. On a long enough timeline, everyone's survival rate drops to 0%.

2. 100% of non-smokers die.

The real question is: why do you care if smokers smoke? Smokers gonna smoke! Besides, the cig breaks from work are irreplaceable. :smoking:

10. I just don't get like what would make you guys try a nasty ass cancer stick

11. Noone likes a nag, even if it is with the best of intentions...

I started because I was curious.

I carry on because I've forgotten what life was like as a non smoker. Shit reason, isn't it :rolleyes:

12. mmm menthol flavored cancer

13. Again just like the other posts I was young and friends smoked and I just wanted to try it, kept having parts of cigarettes if people then buying my own in tens and twentys, I can't go through the day with out having a smoke, I usualy go through atleast ten a day but used to smoke more, another thing is a smoke it in splifs so I'm always around them anyways, my parents smoke and so does my girlfriend, if I don't have a smoke to wake up to I'm a nasty bastard haha or so I'm told anyways, so yeah I would find it very hard to stop, I also enjoy them so I don't see the problem because I never smoke around people that don't...

Peace..

Keepontoking...

14. I have to be pretty fucking drunk to even think about smoking a cig

15. Wow got some lame-o's up in this thread

16. A lot of people I was around during my latter part of my military career smoked. Am I addicted? No cuz I've quit and had no withdrawal symptoms, but I honestly just like it sometimes. I smoke maybe 3 at most a day now. I think of the stress reliefs more from a breathing session (you're controlling your breaths with inhale exhale) than an addiction to nicotine. For me anyway

17. Started getting addicted when my boyfriend moved in and for some reason I felt compelled to smoke every time he does... which is a lot. =/

18. because I'm addicted

19. I don't, but I can probably answer for most people: nicotine

20. #40 mushroomsatsuji, Aug 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    If not all people. That "relaxing" feeling? That's just you trying to get back to your normal state. There's nothing relaxing about it other than getting rid of those cravings. It's a stimulant. Not a relaxant.