why do you smoke cigarettes?

Discussion in 'General' started by jfresh420, Mar 10, 2011.

1. like when did you start,how did you start and why do you still do it?

for me, i was probably 14-15 and my cousin used to take ones out of the ashtray from his dad or something and smoke those and one day i tried it and got wicked light headed,and idk why i still do it i hate it,but ive been smoking for like 6 years.i probably do it bc it gives you something to do,calms you down.

2. I dont smoke cigarettes:smoke:

3. I do it mainly because I don't have enough weed to satisfy my smoking habbits. I started when I was 13. I imagine I'd need 2-3 ounces a month to keep me off cigs and that's not happening any time soon.:wave:

4. I don't smoke cigs.

5. because im addicted to them..... hahahahhahaha workin on quitting, ive gone from a pack a day to 3-4 cigs a day, shared with my gf, so really only 1.5-2 technically...

Started when i was 15...wish i hadnt

6. actually quit cold turkey 4 days ago. going good so far. fucking hate em. was a pack a day smoker for about 2 years now.

7. I think it started in college. Everyone smoked so I got sucked in or somethin

8. Got no bud and I've been drinking...

Pmuch the only time I'll smoke!

:smoke:

9. Because I enjoy them.

I havent had one in weeks, If I feel like having one I will.

Ahh the beauty of moderation and willpower.

10. "i'm just gonna smoke them if XYZ offers them"
    "just this pack"
    "alright i shouldn't be buying this many packs"
    "wheres my pack"
    "shit i'm out again"
    "is that... BLACK SHIT??? da fuckk"
    "shit i'm out"
    "yo could i bum a cig off you?"
    "alright time to quit"
    "alright jsut this last pack"

finally quit though.

11. because they make you live longer

12. Iv been smoking for about 2 years. Most of the guys at my work would have a cig during slow time so I would have some then. I worked as cart staff on a golf course so we were outside all the time. I would also have 1 here or there at partys. I still dont really smoke on my own much, if I do its only 1 or 2 a day.
    IDK if Im addicted or not but I seem to be able to go a week or 2 without one easily, could probably go more but Iv never had to.
    Im not too worried about it. Theyre nice to have after smoking bud and thats really only when I do it.

13. Keeps my hands busy.

14. Cuz my friend gave me two because he hates them. hahaha

I don't really smoke them but since I got two I'm like fuck it why not? I can already tell I will never be buying my own pack tho. They're just so nasty man, I'm always left thinking, "man, I wish that was weeeed."

15. It makes me feel cool. :cool:

:laughing:

i don't smoke cigarettes.

16. I started when I was 12 out of curiosity; my mom used to smoke, and although I hated it and she said she did too, I wanted to know what the fuss was about. Quit after a month of stealing them from parents, bumming them from strangers, etc.

I was curious about alcohol around this time too, and got drunk for the first time before I smoked cigarettes. This was the first time that I found out your consciousness could be changed like that. I found it amazing.

In 9th grade, many kids around me smoked and I would take a drag off of one every now and then for the buzz.

In 10th grade, I started hanging out with a crew that would become my best friends at the time. All of them smoked. I joined in to fit in with the crowd. At first my excuse was to try and help my friend quit. But I knew what was happening and I didn't care.

Been quitting since then. :rolleyes:

Why do I smoke? :
    anxiety/boredom, to go outside, to stay, to leave, to talk, to not talk, watching the smoke, buzz, to look cool, to look older, ritual.

I'm at 2 weeks today, wish me luck.

17. I was 19 when I bought my first pack. I like them a lot when I can go outside during the summer or spring and when I'm drinking its nice...I smoke like 3 cigarettes a day and sometimes none. I quit for months then pick it back up.

Just feels good sometimes.

18. I dont my best freind does everytime he comes visit me from college, and after we toke he always want to go out for a Cig its annoying

19. I'm not a habitual smoker by any means but once in a while I'll buy a pack of american spirits or some ol fashioned rolling tobacco. It's probably just as bad as regular cigarettes but I like to think they are more "natural" haha

20. I hate cigarettes, they taste so chemical and they make me feel like crap after just a couple puffs... give me the green any day.

Good thread, its interesting to fnd out how people get into them.