Why do you smoke cigarettes?

Discussion in 'General' started by dudeindistress3, Aug 14, 2012.

1. I quit cigarettes because the cost so much. I'd rather spend my dollars on better things. :)

2. #42 jmick, Oct 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2012
    Both my parents were smokers, so I started at 13...all my other friends smoked so why not? You want to talk addictive drugs you need go no further than cigs...wife and I both quit cold turkey when we were 25...it was like a life in hell for weeks when withdrawing. But when it was finally over we felt reborn...neither of us have had one since. I feel this was a defining point in our lives, also the reason I won't smoke blunts.....edit...forgot to tell my motivation for stopping; both my folks died within 3 years of each other from smoking caused terminal lung cancer.....It ain't pretty seeing them waste away like that.........All I have to add is, "smoke em if you got em"

3. #43 SterkOks, Oct 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2012
    I can hotbox a cigarette (just started smoking a few weeks ago) and feel the same physically as I do when I smoke a bowl. My music is better, my head feels funny, stuff is more enjoyable. It's not for everyone, but like marijuana and many other things, it's okay in moderation.

EDIT: try smoking a bowl or taking a few hits, then smoke a cigarette. Then tell me there's no benefit!

4. lol......

cigs are nice you just dont wanna smoke too much/ for too long a period

5. I like having a cigarette in the morning the most. Coffee, a smoke, and the quiet air.

In Canada (because most people on here seem to be from the US), smokes have these really graphic pictures for shock value on the packs. When my friends go to the states they get me a few packs, and I am always so amazed that there aren't these pictures on them. So, I don't smoke for my health, obviously, but because I enjoy it.

6. It feels so good smoking cigs while being drunk! And also sitting outside after waking up in the weekends with a ciggarette and a cup of coffee

7. [quote name='"Joao Chillberto"']It feels so good smoking cigs while being drunk! And also sitting outside after waking up in the weekends with a ciggarette and a cup of coffee[/quote]

Amen +rep

8. Makes for a chill start of the day

9. I smoke cigarettes because I'm addicted to them and I dont give a fuck.

10. I started the day with about 3 cigs in a 1 hour timeframe. I figured when I started, that I'm gonna die anyway, and I might as well get something good here. Besides, you're on a marijuana website. Unless you only vape or make edibles ever, you're taking carcinogens into your body that are actually worse than tobacco.. So to say it's silly is to be like, "fast food is dangerous. I only eat home cooked deep fried meals." They're both very bad for you, so if someone does it and you do the other you can't say they're in the wrong.

11. think some people on here may disagree with you on that one bud

12. [quote name='"tackthecack"']

think some people on here may disagree with you on that one bud[/quote]

I know I do.. How many of you would be able to quit if a doctor told you you would die before 60 if you kept smoking cigs?

13. [quote name='"tackthecack"']

think some people on here may disagree with you on that one bud[/quote]

It's fine if you disagree. Cannabis has been proven by NORML scientists (a group devoted solely on the reform of MJ laws (hence the name)) that smoking one joint at a standard .6-.8 of a gram weight releases about 10-25% more carcinogens found in smoke and tar than one organic cigarette does. Tobacco is still far less beneficial to health (based on amount consumed and the substances put in cigs by big tobacco corp.) than MJ, and I for one agree that smoking from a bowl or pipe is much less deadly than cigarettes. But science is science. :)

14. When I am driving or really drunk as shit. Otherwise, I smoke them to smoke because weed is too expensive to smoke a pack of 20 joints a day unfortunately :\

15. [quote name='"Antonius"']I like having a cigarette in the morning the most. Coffee, a smoke, and the quiet air.

[/quote]

Nice. Im having one with a coffee outside of class, except the freeway is right next to me so its killing my silence.

16. I guess I did it because my friends were and I wanted to fit in...I quit, though, because it just didn't give a benefit and I started coughing. Man, college is way different than high school. :smoke:

17. so anyway... i quit ciggs and it was a breeze. minus the 2 i had whilst drinking

18. I'm not too proud of this, but I'll have a cigarette on the rare occasion. :confused: :rolleyes: :cool: :eek: :eek:

:smoking:

19. Was with my aunt last night and she was smoking a swisher so I took a few drags off of it but I couldn't take any more than that. Something about tobacco just doesn't do it for me..

20. ahh wellll fuck im smoking again