Why do you smoke cigarettes?

Discussion in 'General' started by dudeindistress3, Aug 14, 2012.

1. The title pretty much says it. I just don't get why people smoke cigarettes? You get a tiny buzz for the first cigarette of the day. No disrespect to anyone but I just feel like your kind of weak minded if you started and/or can't stop smoking. There's just no benefits. Some people say there just like the action of smoking not the actual cigarette? Idk opinions?

2. Let's see you quit after years of smoking addictive chemicals.....anyways now that that's out of the way.

I'm always moving around or doing something, when I used to smoke a lot I loved having something to do and being able to repeat a motion. It was also a good 'ice breaker', if you will, in an awkward situation..you can just pull out a smoke and have something to occupy yourself with anytime :p

And honestly you can't bad mouth someone about something you've never even had to go through. If you've never been addicted to cigarettes, you don't know how it really feels.

3. The buzz is subpar compared to the "breath" of fresh air it gives you when you've been smoking a while

4. [quote name='"LSDForPeace"']Let's see you quit after years of smoking addictive chemicals.....anyways now that that's out of the way.

I'm always moving around or doing something, when I used to smoke a lot I loved having something to do and being able to repeat a motion. It was also a good 'ice breaker', if you will, in an awkward situation..you can just pull out a smoke and have something to occupy yourself with anytime :p

And honestly you can't bad mouth someone about something you've never even had to go through. If you've never been addicted to cigarettes, you don't know how it really feels.[/quote]

I've smoked a few packs of cigs but I guess I never got addicted cause I quit no problem. If I try to smoke a cigarette I throw it out halfway through asking myself why I'm doing it. I can understand how addictive it is. My dad had a collapsed lung and emphysema, and a lung reduction surgery to remove the emphysema. the doctor said if he doesn't quit he could die yet he continues to smoke. It has to be pretty addictive to knowingly take on that risk even when it's been put into reality for you like that...

5. I got into smoking after I started chewing tobacco. I liked the buzz chewing tobacco gave me, and after a while I wasn't feeling that buzz anymore. So i went on to smoking. Went through 3 packs of American Spirits, one day I decided to smoke 3 cigs, one after another, cause I was so bored. After some time passed by I felt like shit and just wanted to puke my guts out. Since then I haven't touched a cig.

6. #6 smokintoke, Aug 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2012
    I enjoy the act of smoking.... iv been hit by a truck on a bike, totaled trucks, flipped wheelers.... i don't have very many saves left so im gonna do what the hell i wanna do ya know.... and if i live and get cancer well then its my own damn fault and ill cross that bridge when i come to it. i like smoking, i like that it calms me down, i like that its a great laxative.... lol and also what LSD said:wave:

CIGARETTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

7. thats a terrible reason to smoke cigarettes man :smoking:

learn a good joke :laughing:

8. Well then I don't get why you're talking smack to people that are addicted? Calling them weak-minded? Out of the millions and millions that are addicted, you're not the strongest-willed person man. I don't understand that statement, especially because of what you said about your dad...

To answer your question though, I smoke them to get lightheaded after smoking weed or eating a meal, since I barely smoke them.

9. Makes me look cool as fuck

10. It's not like one of my main reasons for smoking hahah I'm not socially awkward or anything, just threw it in there. :p

11. I feel you man, was just saying if you smoke poison just as a thing to do to kill a second or something its kind of insane
    not that its my concern :smoking:

12. woah! It must have been terrible to get hit by a truck that was on a bike!

13. I started smoking socially when I drank, and now i just smoke. My mom smoked, my dad smoked, my older sister still smokes, i guess you could say its in my genes.

I also have a fixation with smoking. I like holding a cig/blunt/joint in between my fingers, its comforting, relaxes me.

14. smoking a cig pales to a dirty grey compared to smoking weed.

15. I smoked a few cigarettes in freshmen year of Highschool..

Couldn't stand it. Felt like I was poisoning myself so never continued lol

Disgusting, Poisonous habit that is only continued through the
    Millions of excuses tobacco smokers come up with to keep smoking.

16. [quote name='"TheDankDude"']I started smoking socially when I drank, and now i just smoke. My mom smoked, my dad smoked, my older sister still smokes, i guess you could say its in my genes.

I also have a fixation with smoking. I like holding a cig/blunt/joint in between my fingers, its comforting, relaxes me.[/quote]

This. I grew ip around it,I always have to be smoking something now these days. It's cheaper than smoking weed all day.

17. this

but i only smoke cigs when i cant get weed and im super stressed out about something.

18. I smoke because I made bad decisions in HS. The subconscious effects of seeing my mom smoke for years probably had something to do with it. One day a co-worker asked if I wanted to go in on a 2-for-1 deal on some Swisher-Sweet filtered cigars (2 packs for 3 bucks) and I fell into peer pressure. I smoked those for a while til they stopped giving me a buzz and switched to cigs. As you suggested OP, one of the reasons I love to smoke is simply the act of smoking. The nicotine does calm me down, but that probably has a lot to do with the fact I'm a fucking addict. Then I smoke out of boredom, particularly when I don't have any herb. Then out of habit at times. I always smoke when I drive and have a cig after I eat a meal. As a biology student, and as any student who has went through the public education system, I know it's horrible for me, but it's hard NOT to smoke after doing it so long. I could probably quit if I could afford enough weed to smoke a j every time I crave a cig for a few weeks, but DAMN that'd be expensive. Are my reasons good? Hell no, but in my stupidity I continue to pour money into a business that doesn't give a damn about me nor my health (this defines pretty much every corporate business in America, but you get my point). Gotta love the product of Western society.

19. DOOD! older f-250 FLAT FRONT. full family inside 40 mph :eek:at an intersection. it was my last night in charlotte was making my rounds sayin bye I called my dad to see if he could meet me at the church right fucking beside the intersection... done it hundreds of times, last time i'm ever gonna cross it i got plowed! 25 ft through the air into a concrete drainage ditch:eek:, my shoes were never found:confused: i don't remember anything after leaving my friends house... right across the street from the fucking church were i was meeting my dad! he gave me a bowl as a going away present... smashed in pocket... major concussion scrapes and bruises/// like wtf... luckily i was on my mtn bike had i been on the bmx id be dead... ran over instead of thrown over

irony- i was taking a drag of a cig right when he hit me according my dad:devious::cool:

20. I smoke cigarettes because I get stoned a lot, and a cigarette 10 minutes after a good bowl feels soooo nice.

Its also good for coffee, and just like LSDforpeace said, it is a good ice breaker, I never bring lighters to parties or on the street because it gives me a chance to approch some smokers and ask for a lighter and just start talking to them.

It relieves stress, makes driving better I fucking hate driving without having a cig.

And yeah, I wish I could stop, but I don't think I could....oh well quiting is for losers anyway ;)