Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

why do you need to break up weed?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by whatevershoes., Jan 20, 2009.

1. lol.
    i feel dumb for asking this, but i don't really get it.
    is it so you can pack it tighter
    or more surface area is covered
    or something?
    it seems to me like it would just knock off trichromes that you could have been smoking otherwise.
    whenever i break up my weed there's always crystals on my fingers
    and it depresses me that i could have been smoking them xP

2. well its only when you roll jays blunts etc.

• Disagree Disagree x 1

3. it burns better

4. Breaking up bud is cruicial because it allows better circulation and faster rips and very much easier to cherry your hit. Throwing a nug in the bowl is a very big waste of green.

To solve all your probelms losing trichomes while breaking up bud simply buy a grinder or use scissors and a tuberware container and you will be able to ROLL your nugs in kief.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. why do you even need to do it then?
    what's the difference?

6. ok.
    can you get grinders at headshops?
    that was kind of a dumb question wasn't it.
    you can can't you lol.

7. Buy a grinder with Kief grate if you don't want to lose those crystals..the crystals will collect for a while and after a while roll a kief blunt and see how fucked up you get

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. By breaking up your bud, you get a more even burn. It does create more surface area allowing you to access more thc easier. This is especially ideal if you have a vaporizer, but you will also notice the difference from just plain smoking. And you're complaining of while breaking up the bud the thc crystals fall off? I would suggest investing in a grinder with a keif catcher. It allows you to break up your bud evenly with out losing any thc crystals.

This would be a good grinder to get if you really want to invest in the hobby
    http://www.rollies.com/Accessories/View.php?SerialNum=PF-BL330M

Good luck and happy toking. :smoke:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Try rolling a blunt with straight nuts next time and see what happens

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. i smoked one like that once.
    i didn't roll it,
    but there was this nooby kid i knew
    who always had bomb weed and who liked to share xD
    couldn't roll a jay worth a damn though :rolleyes:

11. breakin it up really fine and packing a bowl is better than jamming a nug in a bowl. after about 2 or 3 lights the packed bowl will cherry, wasting no weed. if you have a nug you have to keep lighting and keep lighting and you burn the weed.

12. To save weed...

13. Depending on where you live, you can get a nice grinder at 7-11 now.

I got mine at 7-11 for 6 bux, and it has a keif screen.

Basically, the reason why I break up weed, is so that you can get rid of any seeds and stems.

Seeds suck when you smoke them, they pop like popcorn and throw weed out of the bowl, not to mention they taste like ass and give you a headache.

Marijuana Stems, you can smoke, but it taste like crap as well.

The finer you break your bud up, the smoother the hit, and the stronger the hit. I usually triple grind my weed almost into a powder, this alows for the one hit, and your baked strategy.

Rolling Joints and blunt in all honesty is rubbish to me, I prolly smoke 15 joints total since I started getting high. I would look into a nice small Plastic bong, you can find them at head shops for about 15 bux. They filter your smoke, and make for a great hit.

Dont ever worry about asking questions bro, we are here to help you.

14. its kinda hard to put a 5g nug in the middle of the wrapper and roll it

15. It burns much better broken up. Try taking to equal sized nugs and smokin 'em. One, break up and put in a bowl. The other, just drop whole into a bowl. You'll see which one smokes best ;)

16. Bottom line. ^

Elend.

17. It burns better, that’s why you break up weed. It doesn’t matter what it’s going in....spoon, bong, joint, blunt, vaporizer, it just doesn’t matter. Always break up your weed and I guarantee your life will be easier.