Why do you love vaping?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by downtosesh, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Title question + If you used to smoke and then switched to vaping; how was the transition, if any?

2. Took about 3 months of purely vaping for me to start getting more medicated than smoking. I feel like my lungs had to get rid of all the tar from years of smoking, once that happened vaping became so much better than smoking. Kinda feel like that's why my friends aren't as impressed with vaping because they all still smoke so they don't feel the full effects.

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Used to wake up snorting trying to get a clear throat, my sinuses are screwed up anyway but for some reason vaping alleviates some of the early morning discomfort.

Plus all the cool kids vape.

4. #4 sKiTz-0, Mar 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2014
    Agree with the above. I first tried vaping back in October (while I was still smoking spliffs, with tobacco, and cigarettes)

I turned 30 this year and had always promised myself I would give up smoking at this age. But I don't particularly like alcohol or being drunk so I didn't want to give up getting stoned.

I didn't enjoy the vaping experience back in October, I found it didn't feel like it was getting me stoned and I just wasn't keen. Looking back I think this was because I was still smoking cigs and spliffs at the time.

However, come January I decided to give up the cigarettes and stick to my life plan, so I decided I would persevere with the vaping. if it wasn't as good as combusting then I would just have to live with that as I didn't want to carry on damaging my lungs.

Anyway, I persevered and now I absolutely love it and would not roll my weed in a joint at all. I know how high that weed could get me in a vape so it would make me cry to burn it.

It took me around 2 weeks to get used to vaping, but now it is better than smoking and I find that if anything I can get more high. For me the bits I had to get over at first to change my mindset were:

- I wasn't hitting the vape right, I had to adjust to the learning curve and get my draw right. This is probably due to the next point....
    - I had to get over the feeling of inhaling a lungful of warm, dirty smoke. That feeling you get of it hitting the back of your throat...you just don't get that at all with vaping. So at first it feels like you aren't really inhaling anything apart from fresh air. For this reason I would reccommend giving up smoking altogether, at least while you are learning to vape and getting used to it.
    - The high is more of a head high. I found I am a lot more motivated, and it is much easier to get out of bed in the mornings now. For the first week I found this kind of high a bit unfulfilling, but whether I just had to adjust to it, or I still hadn't perfected my technique I don't know. After around a week I started to adjust and enjoy it, and now I find I can get even more high on a vape than I could while smoking.
    - it doesn't (for me anyway) seem to get me instantly high like combusting does. I find I get a little boost as soon as I inhale, but the high then kinds creeps up on me over the next 20 minutes or so. Whereas with combusting it would be more of an instant hit. I spent the first few weeks of vaping sending myself up into space by the time I realised I had hit it too much, ha. Not sure if that's the same for everyone or just me?

Once I had gotten over those bits, there was absolutely no looking back for me. My only regret was that I didn't seriously look into vaping years and years ago. I try not to think about how much money I could have saved over the years on bud, or how much damage I could have saved my lungs from. But at least I found it now and the future is bright. Hopefully 30 is still young enough to be able to undo some of the damage and lead a healthier lifestyle from here on in.

Fuck combustion  :smoke:

ETA - oh yeah, and I now don't wake up in the mornings coughing up crap from my lungs or have that constant smokers cough all the time or a mouth that tastes like an ashtray.

5. sKITz, that was one of the best answers ever.    GREAT post. :metal:

6. The taste alone is enough for me. Who doesn't wanna taste the way it smells?

7. I love vaping because it isn't smoking..smoke is just nasty by nature..it stinks, tastes bad, sometimes harsh. Vapor is like a tasty breeze compared to smoking.

8. I guess unlike majority of people, I got soooooo stoned when I vape while I was still smoking outta pipes and bongs.

I remember using my first purchased vape, the MFLB. Got soooooo baked.

Love the clear lungs and the pure taste of through vaping, AND vaporbonging.

I saved a lot of Medicine too, it makes a night and day difference.

The only downside to being a vaping enthusiast is the constant need for new toys.
    And I find vaporizers to be a bit expensive to keep up with when you want to try all the great vapes out there, and there are a lot.

But, so worth it.
    And just do it with the green you save, you'll usually come out on top at the end.

Sent from my HTC One X using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Cheers brah. Always happy to help out the community here if I can.

Forgot to mention the taste - I love that first hit from my launch box, it's beautiful.

I haven't bought any new vapes yet, but I do keep buying accessories. However, the money I have saved buying weed has more than paid for these already in the 3 months I've been exclusively vaping. I bought a knock off launch box back in October just to give it a try - word of warning - it was absolute crap compared to the official launch box. Build quality, the temp it burns at. Don't waste your money on cheap imitations, the launch box may seem an expensive bit of kit for what it is but it is worth every penny. So I got the official one in January, and decided to buy the power adapter as I was using this vape at home and running out of charged batteries all the time got rather annoying. Next I'll be buying the finishing grinder. Then maybe after that another vape - the orbiter from magic flight is looking pretty sexy too so I may look at that.

Does anyone else find, same as I do, that the high from vaping kinds creeps up on you? I haven't really seen anybody else say that and am wondering if it is just me? I have given a few of my mates a go on the launch box and they haven't enjoyed it, I'm thinking that along with missing the lung full of horrible smoke, the fact they don't instantly get high may be what is putting them off.

10. #10 tranceholic, Mar 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2014
    my vaporizer (arizer solo) high is always creepy hit me in my brain high, the thing i love about vaping is about the clean tasty high compare to joints/bong where i get harsh throat and strong rush high

11. Think about how long smoking a bowl takes vs a trench in the box, thats why it creeps.

Vapebonging is nearly instant fore

Not just you, but I do find that the MFLB is more creepy (pardon the play on words) than my LSV though.

Congrats on making the switch to better your health and sticking with it! Especially after all those years, changing habits is really hard! Good job and great comment

14. Hey congratulations on quitting a very hard addiction. Well with that said I haven't been on the vape section much because I've been lurkin in the organic grow section a lot lol. Just got my grow room! Anyways I felt disappointed when I first started vaping. Not because of the medicated feeling (that was perfect) it was just a different experience. Now, since I as well haven't combusted anything including them cancer sticks, I love vaping and recommend it to any one that asks me about it. Healthy, clean, saves medicine, doesn't require much at all besides grinding, packing, hitting. I love it! changed my life forever honestly as weird as that sounds. Saved my lungs and my health I have everyone here to thank btw!!!

“You just can't live in that negative way, make way for the positive day.”- Bob Marley

15. Yeah I'd been smoking spliffs with tobacco since being 16, smoked cigs on and off from about 20, and was a full time smoker anything between 8-25 a day from 22 through to being 30. Had a couple of failed attempts at giving up during that time, but soon went back to it.

I think a combination of not really wanting to give up smoking cigs, and also still smoking tobacco in spliffs, were the 2 reasons for my downfall previously.

Although I really enjoyed smoking, I just had to remind myself that I only ever got into smoking cigarettes as a by-product of smoking spliffs really. Had I not been a stoner I would have never started on the cigs in the first place. Saying that, smoking tobacco with no filter in a spliff several times a day has gotta be hella worse for your lungs than just cigarettes which at least have a filter.

Now I vape though I can still get stoned and I don't have to smoke anything  :smoking: :smoking:

16. I'm a little unusual here in that I started off with vaping. My dad and I are both on medical for awful migraines (runs in the family I guess) and because of my asthma he started me off with his Extreme-Q before I got my card and let me try it out. I've tried smoking and I hate the ashy, diluted high you get from it compared to vaping...I've noticed vaping kills my pain quite a bit better. Also, I use a heck of a lot less bud than my friends who smoke from a bong or pipe. I think the only cleaner method of ingestion would have to be edibles.

I do have to say that you can get coughing fits from the hot vapor if you hot-box it too hard, but beyond that I like vaping quite a bit better.

17. If you make the transition to a high quality vape there is no going back......better more clean high with virtually no health risks, reduced smell, and saving herb....rly a no brainer

18. My elbow to my vape broke again , but this time it was my fault lol .. Still kinda works tho , but not as good .. Gonna order another elbow & gonna smoke till then

19. I used to love getting " medicated"but I never ever loved the act of smoking anything... It always left a bad taste and wasn't very pleasant. I was never able to smoke in the morning... It was too gross....I did that for 10 years

I've been vaping my cannabis for 3
    Years now ( exclusively) and never plan on going back.

I look at it as the difference between getting drunk off of some nasty shots, compared to a couple glasses of delicious fine wine

Vaping is delicious. I can do it in the morning ( and I looooove it) I have more stamina (; ladies) haha and I don't get burnt out.......

........ The only reason I am on this forum ( the only forum site I've ever been on ) is because of my love for vaping...... Hahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app