Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

why do you loose flaver as your sack dwindles down? jars? is it the crystals?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by letsmokeasweet, Jul 3, 2011.

1. i notice that over time it seems like the flaver goes away. so i was wondering as a nug gets handled why their isnt as much flaver as from the frst hit.

im thinking the crystals hold a lot of the flaver and they fall off???? but i wasnt sure

does anyone else wonder this before and found a way to maintain the nug so it dosnt loose its crystals or taist?????

2. It gets dried out and the flavor can change and not be as saturated from the water :eek:?

3. My god. Your spelling.

4. #4 Vieyra Sking, Jul 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Don't be rude.
    You don't know what situation they're in.

5. It's because it's drying out. Store it in airtight mason jars and it won't dry out. You can also add an oxygen absorption pack to the jar too, for extra protection.

6. what is an oxygen absorption pack?

7. #7 Corepred4, Jul 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Situation my @$$, how bad can the situation be if he's on the Internet on a weed forum? I know spelling and grammar nazis can be annoying but it's annoying when somebody can't spell simple words.
    On topic: yup, it's best to just keep it in something airtight. Its still a plant so it does eventually dry out.

8. [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Oxygen-Absorbers-Package-Capacity-Absorption/dp/B0028AG8RO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1309719106&sr=8-1"]See here. [/ame]

9. Airtight jars. That and dont keep your bud out in any hot area for any period of time. My buddy left a zip in his trunk for an entire day (in 85 degree weather) in a plastic bag. When we smoked it to test it out it was so dry and shit we refuse to do more then one bowl.

10. The volatile oils, terpines and such, evaporate! Breaking the trichs adds to this- their golden goodness leaks out and some evaporates! Also, I once read a dude's theory that THC, being oily, can migrate into the plastic- and vice versa! :eek: I have seen no scientific data on this, but it sounds plausible!

My pot is stored in mason jars and only hits a baggie when I put some more in the stash box. (it doesn't stay very long in the baggies:smoke: LOL)

Also, the trichs that get stuck to the baggie are lost forever! :( In a mason jar, you just swirl some alcohol around and evaporate it for a drop or two of oil, or make a mixed drink with it! :D

11. Handling, drying, and general degeneration take their toll. It is a plant..