WHY do you hate Lil' Wayne?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Jawbreaker Jake, Oct 5, 2009.

1. just pretend wayne didnt have the biggest fuckin ego in the world, and that most of waynes dick riders dont listen to shit else and say that hes the best in the world then you could see that hes actually pretty nasty.

i dont know, it just seems like most people have their mind made up that theyre going to hate him before they even listen to him.

what i would suggest is to try coming to it with a completely unbiased perspective and just give credit where credits due

also this dude is nowhere near my favorite artist but to say that i dont like some of his music would be a lie

2. i dunno homie thats a nice thought but i doesnt apply to me.
    one of my closest homies is a wayne fanatic and im constantly in his car listening to wayne. i mean i'm definitely giving the music a chance. what do i have to lose when i have no choice but listen to it anyway? lol

3. lol i feel you, if its like that then its like that
    [​IMG]

4. Vocoders are cool, but Autotune is Cliche.

Perhaps if he got off the "flavour of the month" bandwagon i could appreciate his lyrics abit more.

5. First highlighted part:

Yea I don't care about his ego, I judge the music. Currently the music is shit and nonsensical, the parts the rhyme are lame and his lines are just similes that, again, don't make sense...

But here's a good piece:

Last year they had the Grammys and left me in Miami
    Sleeping on a nigguh like I'm rappin in my jammies
    I'm rapping when you sleep, I was rapping when you were in jammies
    Mel Gibson flew Lethal Weapon, book 'em Danny

So yea he good lines for sure but overall he isn't great.

Second part:

Yea I like some of his shit, its catchy and some of his shit off Da Drought and Dedication series are tight...just like Kanye was my favorite mainstream rapper before Graduation dropped.

6. #86 naciremaBK, Feb 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2010
    ya he does that sometimes lol. the deal with me is that when he gets brought up amongst my friends i know enough of his good stuff to not be annoyed and i dont listen to the radio so his weak shit doesnt bother me.

EDIT: cuz i mean if you dont like an artist you dont have to listen to his ass

7. Because he simply gave up on the rap game.

Anything after the drought 3 is mostly garbage.

8. Ha. Em blew most emcee's out of the water back then.. mainly because he was white (it's true, don't scoff), and threw down ridiculously good material over a beat. He only got better, and his music was consistently good... But what ruined him was the fact that he's soft and let his personal life conflict with his career..smh.

Anyway. If you took away Wayne's big ego.. you wouldn't be left with much, honestly. His ego is what makes him so tolerable --to the people who listen to his stuff, anyway.

9. idk i personally cant stand that shit (waynes ego) and it seems like im on the only one thats taking his side and all my friends hate that part about him too. i mean i dont think anyone in their right mind actually thinks waynes the best rapper alive

10. well obviously he aint gunna be like "you know what i suck, but im makin money, so i thank it funny" dude i seriously could write for wayne his flow/rhyme shceme is soo fuckin easy to copy lol

wayne i do give him credit..he put his team on..i rele repsect that outta him..most rappers get on and dont want ne body from there label/team to shine cough jay z/game coughh MOST of the young money rappers are whack as fuck, but wayne stands behind em

the only good thing wayen has done in the last 2 years has given drake a big stage to do what he does.

his flow is elementary, he doesnt rhyme words that rhyme, he changes the soundin of words too just for the sake of rhymin..

all of those things are reasons i dont like him cuz of his actual rapping..not half the bullshit u fuckers come up with lol

11. What? Every rapper has an ego. Waynes' just so happens to have carried his career this far. His ego is intrinsic to his rhyme scheme. I couldn't imagine someone else delivering that much hype in a song, like A Milli, that Wayne did.

This isn't an argument about his ego, though it is somewhat relevant; it's about his music overall.

I never said I hated Wayne; I just don't pay his music any mind, that's fersure. And that's cool that he stayed true to his fam and has continued to stick by them. But we're not arguing ethics here, neither.

I'm pretty sure we've all stated here -in one form or another- that Lil Wayne just isn't what he "used to be". He's not completely garbage,,,, like Gucci? I can't even name you a more garbage rapper because I don't listen to mainstream music like that.. (unless I hear it in a club) but they exist.

I don't knock the hustle, so I'm not going to hate on Wayne for trying to make his money. But when people hop on the Lil Wayne bandwagon, gassin' him like he's the nicest out there, in the industry, it irks us --we the people who know real Hip Hop when we hear it.

12. waynes flow from like 04-07 was nice

well ya, i was referring to how waynes ego is fuckin astronomical.

13. well take it from me..fist wayne song i ever ACTUALLY listened start to finish was Georgia Bush off the D2..i never liked him from the hot boyz days, the cash money millionaire days, the carter 1 days or ne of that lol d2 is what rele got me interested..but after that i dont think hes ever matched it.

but i will fuckin tell u one thing..never in a MILLION years would i ever think HE of alll people would have became the next rockstar of rap.

14. and i wann add..i hate that arguement of "hes not as good as he used to be, he doesnt sound the same"

well who does? what could he possibly rap bout now that he hasnt rap about already u know? that goes for ne rapper..its how they flip it

once u break it down, a rappers content is seriously what 90% of the same thing? its just how they say it and the story and emotion they put into it

15. ^ it is true.. even the most diverse lyricists still have some universal broad topic that they cover in a great majority of they material

16. And I can respect your opinion. But aren't people supposed to get better, and not worse? I guess that all depends on our preferences though, right?

Anyway. Any form of musical content must evolve and adapt to keep up with trends. And/or the avant-garde music revolutionists who set trends by making an entirely new sub-genre of music <--I like those people.

So to agree with you, yeah rappers may change up their style a bit, in order to please their fans, or to simply adapt. But that doesn't always go well..

For example, when Common dated Erykah Badu back in '00-'02 and he dropped Electric Circus.. Now I'm not saying it's her fault his album wasn't too great, but you know damn well she influenced his sound a lot in that album. And it just didn't sit well with a lot of his fans because it sounded too different (this was back in '02, mind you, Hip Hop has evolved somewhat since then).

Where I'm getting at is that change can be good, but the change has to be subtle. Wayne did evolve, but like what happens to most (not all) mainstream artists when they sell-out, their music is watered-down and given a "pop" undertone --it holds no real substance. And with Lil Wayne, a lot of us who used to like him, just aren't feeling the new him.

17. like seriously..how many times did big l tells us bout the hot bitches he fucked..or pac talk bout the ghetto? ya know what im sayin

hip hop albums lack concepts now a days..loso's way is like the only real MAINSTREAM album last year that had a theme and concept on EVERY song.

look at gucci's cd..the only theme i can think of on there is how many club songs can we make with throwin the bare minimum of "deep" tracks in?

18. How could you? Everyone hates their own thing, but people with talent and ambition deserve respect.

19. yeah man i totally agree with u..theres no substance. wayne, gucci, plies, jeezy even they all have none what so ever

its ok to do club songs..its ok do use autotune here n there if it sounds good..its ok to sing..its ok to talk bout girls..but its if u have no what so ever artistic ability in doin so then fuck u lol

thats why im so happy bout these new rappers..all these dudes..the drakes, the j coles, the wales, the bobs, the fashawns, the skyzoos..they can all spit, but they dont nesseccarily stay on that gangster g kill *****s 187 365 type shit u know?

20. just dont like em