WHY do you hate Lil' Wayne?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Jawbreaker Jake, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Lil Wayne is being paraded as one of the greatest rappers ever, WHICH HE ISN'T, he is FAR from the greatest (alive or dead). The greatest talent alive isn't even widely heard because the industry is that shitty, so Lil Wayne is what people pass for talent. Underground Hip Hop is where the real talent in hip hop is at, not this bullshit.

I've been bumping this song a lot, this is good hip hop if you ask me.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO5HOdYYVgI]YouTube - Tonedeff feat. Deacon The Villain - No Hope Producer Kno[/ame]

2. This is why I hate Lil' Wayne:

"they say I'm rappin like Big, Jay, and Tupac
    Andre 3 Thousand where is erykah badu at"

song: A Milli (for the record Cory Gunz part in this song was absolutely SICK)

he compared himself to Biggie and Tupac. He is no where near their skill level. not only that but his voice is complete shit. Someone on here posted that he raps like he stubbed his toe haha. and it's true. not only that but his raps are pointless and are about nothing. example:

"My flow is nasty, like C Y Phyllis,
    Self-made G, and them bitches know the business.
    Relying on rap, but in the kitchen I'm a chemist,
    And when I was 5, my favorite movie was the Gremlins
    Aint got shit to do with this, but I just thought that I should mention, "

song: sky is the limit

if it doesn't have shit to do with this, then why mention it? He's complete garbage and he'll use the same word at the end of three different lines in a row.

I could go on and on and provide tons more examples why Wayne is horrible at rapping

3. hes full of himself..don't gimme that best rapper alive shit, its lame

4. he's on sum different shit rite now, but i still bump his music.....mainly his mixtape shit

5. because:
    a) he stays on track like a box of pumas
    b) he has more jewels, than your jeweller

6. I hate him and love him, because despite that hes one of the most talented and creative rappers ever, he doesnt use his talent, but instead is a sellout who makes club bangers that sell records.

Theres songs that Wayne absolutely goes off on (Tha Carter III, Da Drought 3) and then theres complete garbage that follows it.

7. AGREED! Too many rappers and hip hop "artists" these days are relying on that thing. I am all for using technology and music together, but this autotune robot voice contraption is tremendously overused particularly in the mainstream hip hop genre. It's a crutch for the vocalist (lil wayne uses it ALL THE TIME to disguise his ugly, gravelly voice) and frankly, it just starts grating on my ears after a while. Especially when it's in every single song over and over again. Call me old fashioned but i feel like music has more soul when it is made from somebody's hands and voice rather than a mixing board and an autotuner.

8. auto-tune
    & the fact every song he writes is about the same shit just worded differently

9. After Dre came out with 2001 rap took a giant dive into a massive pile of shit.

10. i can write shit just like him, i wish it were easy to get rich and famous by creating absolute shit

11. See all those videos? THATS why I hate him

12. thats what all the famous rappers do...radio is controlled by complete idiot DJs

13. howv fucking easy is it to explain , like a cop car we wewe, {com on man} gime u num she said 911 how fuckin gay the only song he sang if it was him that was good was i feel like dying ,the mother dont even rap alls hes selling is his beats

14. couldent have put it any better , im from sac and 10-15 years ago rap was the shit now its about orange and pink shoes and 14 kt plastic how fuckin gay can you get nowadays i listen to some HED PE ,THERE AINT NO C-BO OR X-RADID BROTHER LYNCH FUCK EVEN GHETTO BOYS FOR THAT MATTER

15. sounds about right

16. I don't "hate" Lil wayne, I actually don't have a profound opinion of him, but lots of people talk about how "great" a raper he is, but listening to his music, it's apparent that he really isn't.

He goes off topic and talks about weird shit just to fit the rhyme scheme, he also does that "a ha" thing to give him space to rhyme with less words.

It's actually kind of a lazy way to rap really, the only time I enjoyed rap was late 90s, early 2000s. (lik 91-03 or so)

17. "Hello motherfucker hey hi how you doin'
    It's Weezy F baby come to take a
    shit and urine on the toilet bowl bitches
    pussy-ass *****s, stompin on this beat like a
    motherfucking sigma."

That's why. Dude can't rap for shit...but then again neither can most rappers on the radio now. I dunno when it became cool just to rap about bitches, money, and pussy, but that's all Wayne, Drake, and everybody else rap about.

So fuck mainstream rap, and fuck talentless Lil Wayne

18. Because i'm not a 13 year old girl

19. I understand why ppl "hate" lil wayne, frankly i dont give a shit about what he talks about as long as the beat is bumpin and i can rock my head to it, then all is good :smoking:

20. because of who he is and the sheer baseness of the entire genre he is a part of.