why do you grow organic?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by boobookittyfump, Mar 1, 2013.

1. What made yous start growing organic as opposed to using chemical nutes?

2. I'd like to say it's because I care about what I consume and that i care about the world but in all honesty..... I went Organic because I'm too lazy and incompetent for bottled nutrient regiments.

I wanted to grow like I cook. Everything in the pot, I'll check on you when you're done. Ok not quite that simple but much more so then with bottles

3. Because all that other stuff is poison.

4. It's easy and the only way ill grow

TiG

5. Indeed sir. You sure can't beat the finished product. The flavor, aroma, and coloring is absolutely unmistakable. I've been trying to watch what goes in my body for the last few years, including my medicine. Love y'all, hope all is well.

6. When I first started growing cannabis I used hydroponic nutrients. It worked great but was expensive and was a lot of work. At the same time I started learning about growing different flowers and veggies. After growing corn, tomatoes, strawberries, and broccoli organically for pennies in a raised bed I decided to apply the same classic gardening principals to my cannabis plants. The more I focused on building the soil the less I was spending money on fertilizers and quickly went from feeding every week to three times a year.

One bag of Roots Organic costs me $30 US. Fox Farm or GH nutrients will run me another $30. The end result will be a small three foot plant that should yield one or two ounces. Or six bags of Kellogg Patio Plus at $4 a bag ($24), plus some generic all purpose organic fertilizer made of meals and manure for $10. Gives me an eight foot sativa yielding 3lbs.

7. I grow for fun, like to keep it simple. The more responsibility I have, the less enjoyable growing is. Organics is a very laid-back style for me, no immediate concerns whatsoever.

8. Because it's the way mother earth intended.

9. Because its been working successfully for millions of years in nature.

Because chemicals are harmful to our bodies and the environment.

Because the taste and smoothness is great.

Because the results have spoken for themselves.

10. Indeed.

11. the fact that i know people that have drain pipes eaten away from dumping chem nute run off down them for a few years

ive had negative reactions to nasty chemical grown cannabis many times and do not enjoy it

if its not properly flushed and chemically grown im getting a nasty headache and that makes it not worth smoking

chemical nutes are not good for any plant or anyone ingesting the plant in anyway

organics are reusable and the way nature intended it to be

12. I like this thread and I agree with almost
    Every post so far.

Taste better. Hits cleaner. More natural growing process. More rewarding grow process (especially from seed). Healthier. Science. Love. Good.

13. Because my first grow with bottles was a total failure! Spent money and lots of time trying to get the darn plants to grow.

With organics I actually have some nice buds for my honey, hardly any time, minimal money.

14. i prefer to not smoke chemicals

15. I'm starting organics this year simply because its an outdoor grow out in the woods. I can only visit once every week or 2 so I'm doing it for the worry free kinda side of it. But I also love the other reasons such as taste and smell ect.

The EASIEST way to succeed is through HARD work.

16. #16 Soxfantony773, Mar 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2013
    The simplicity.....put some good stuff in your soil and add water.....no measuring PPMs or PH. Make a tea or slurry every now and then...and watch the buds grow. not to mention you positively know whats going into your plants.....not some big-name bottled bullshit with known carcinogens....

almost all organic nutrients are environmentally friendly and wont pollute the water table, or employ shady tactics or procedures when it comes to treatment of employees or disposal of waste

The taste and quality of your bud will be notably better....

i also like the fact that it all comes from the earth........my plant is living off ground up fish from Maine, worm poop from Philadelphia, and bat poop from Jamaica.

17. I am totally "digging" all of these comments. Thanks a ton.

18. From a strictly economic perspective, producing and shipping chemical firts takes a lot more time and energy then just throwing waste in dirt

19. The glamour and the glory.

20. Nice romanesco pic for the avatar.