Why do you create music.

Discussion in 'The Musician in U' started by REIS, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Thread says it all, why do you create music?

2. Because it's something that I'm passionate about. I genuinely enjoy the act of creating, writing, and performing.

Music pulled me through my darkest hours, so to speak, so it's therapeutic on top of everything else. When I've had a trashy day or I'm feeling homesick, or any other emotion for that matter, I just pick up the guitar and the world is what I make of it.

3. Its A Way To Get Out All My Thoughts...

4. omg please dont type like that

5. its kind of like riding a unicorn on a rainbow. or thats just the drugs...

6. to express myself

7. Because I wake up everyday and I only have two real passions......make some music, and burn one. And maybe find my girl if I'm seeing someone. But ya..... it's what truely draws me, and I'm thinkin about it constantly, I couldn't NOT do it.

8. ay-fuckin-men

9. It allows me to speak without constraint.

10. i create music because i feel it is the best way i can express myself on the deepest level and get people to hear/understand me.

also to educate people

11. i honestly couldn't have said it better myself

12. It allows me to set realistic goals. And frankly it wastes time. I get lost in it, and suddenly I realize hours have passed.

13. I'm not sure we mean exactly the same thing here; but I certainly can appreciate what you said here.

Music teaches me patience.

...and just for shits and gigs, love you profile pic. Mordin is the man :)

14. Mordin dying was what killed the game, not the shitty ending. (I still enjoyed it tho XD)

He needs his own franchise.

15. Because it expresses that which language cannot.

16. I like to groove

17. I see it as a language.

18. A better question is how?

Seriously I hear the music pouring out of my soul in my dreams (always with vocals reminiscent of Bowie) but I just can't seem to sit down and write a whole song. At least not one that doesn't sound hopelessly simplistic and derivative.

19. Perhaps you should try out writing some Folk, normally the simpler it is the more I dig it. And I doubt there's any original sounds out there, I think all music is derivative.

20. Page 2 and no one said they do it to become rich and famous one day?