Why do you (as a christian) smoke weed?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by RVD420RVD, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Because the bible says all herbs we can use. And because its a natural medicine that helps with my depression. I can't say the same for alcohol.

2. "Being a Christian is being a follower of religion. If you don't follow religion, perhaps identifying as a Christian isn't the most accurate description of your spirituality."

Christianity is the closest match to what I follow spiritually, I'm not really sure what I would call myself.

"I commend you for spreading facts about Cannabis usage, but if you mission to spread the word about pot is more important to you than deepening your understand about God, then I'm sorry that is not being Christian."

I never said that it was my "main" mission... I meant that I try and inform people of the misinformation and the lies that are out there about cannabis. My ultimate goal in life is to spread the word of god... but if an opportunity to inform somebody about the truth arises I try and take advantage.

"I say, don't judge it. If I feel it's okay for me to smoke then that is my issue to work out within my own spirituality. But I will not try and push others to take that step; it's not my place. If instead I feel it's a sin, I won't smoke. But I will certainly not spend my time judging those who do."

That's the exact way I feel. There's no point in trying to shove your beliefs down other peoples throats.

3. how nicely put smokingoodweed

Anyway, yes, I use it to enlighten my days, even learn from it. also, used as a pain reliever :)

I believe that many people use it for the wrong reasons. I see many kids now acting like its the coolest thing around, and get high and party all day and screw around like idiots.

it is fun though in a sense.

this leafy plant full of gooodness has been around for a whiiiile. Chinese have used it BC to help with stomache problems, and im pretty sure other good reasons.

why do we have to have such a controlled world. oh yeah, because its the end of the wooooorld
    shmoke it allll hurry :hello::smoking:

4. "Only the Sith deal in absolutes," Obi-Wan Kenobi

Some parts of the Bible are meant to be taken literally. Some parts are a metaphorical representation of complex scientific processes that we couldn't (and perhaps still can't) understand. And some parts were conjured up in the minds of men who understood the power of religion.

Luckily, we have brains. And we can use those brains to try to discern which parts of the Bible fit these categories.

You may not like my perspective on this subject, but when you try to box peoples' beliefs into how YOU feel they should carry on with their spiritual lives, you honestly sound as bad as the hypocrites you berate.

5. #25 Custos, Jan 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2012
    I believe in God and I believe that Jesus was an enlightened human being, and one who was aware of his origins. I believe he exemplified the very highest notions of human morality. I worship him and the original consciousness because of the unconditional love they've shown us. So there's an extremely short explanation of how I might be considered a Christian.

Now, I smoke weed because it gives me a good perspective on things sometimes. It spurs my creativity. And it's fun. Nothing about smoking weed runs counter to my beliefs, Christian or otherwise. So basically, I smoke weed because I feel like it.

6. #26 jcasler93, Jan 11, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
    I'm a Christian who smokes and tbh only thing with it that bothers me is they pull the whole "you're going to hell" meanwhile none of them are innocent only one who can judge me is god as stated in the bible "Let him who is without sin cast the first stone" so them judging me for smoking alone is hypocritical I don't judge them for anything they do because i know I've done messed up stuff in the past so its not my place to judge them anyway at this point it is medical for ptsd but when i started it wasn't the case also i still follow closer to the original bible the amount that was pulled by man is ridiculous so i act like it was never removed or at least what can still be found some parts were pulled because they believed they referenced e.t.s and felt it contradicted a belief in god meanwhile it truly doesn't bc whos to say if god created us whos to say he didn't also create life on other planets

7. I'd like to bring forward the line between discernment and judgement.
    Biblically speaking - to pass judgement on someone is to condemn them to Hell.
    But we acquire the ability, as we mature, to discern right from wrong.
    One is expected of us and the other we have no license.

I don't know who's names are written in the Book Of Life. I haven't seen it.
    Through faith, I believe that mine is. But I can't truly know about anyone else's.
    Romans 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
    How can I pass judgement on your sins when my own sins are equal to yours?
    By default, only a righteous (without fault) God has the right to make that call.

• Like Like x 1
  8. In my opinion, it’s only a sin to get a younger person started on it.

Encouraging some 11 year old kid to smoke doesn’t make you cool, it just makes you a loser.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. The problem with this is, is that the BIBLE states (not being confrontational, just exclaiming importance) that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ's death on the cross for our sins at calvary, through the grace provided by his sacrifice, and having faith, accepting Him into ones heart, and receiving the grace of the Holy Spirit (aka God and Jesus Christ) we are subsequently immune to the law and subject to the Law of God's righteous Kingdom.

10. #30 ReturnFire333, Jan 19, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
    To answer the original post, I smoke cannabis and hemp cbd, mostly, for the physical effects of the plant. I find that the plant itself, if you are not FULLY clothed in the Armor of God, aware, sober of SPIRIT, and on the right strain for your psyche, that cannabis is a spiritual gateway for the devil to bring curses on one. But given the state of your obedience, reverence, and all of the rest of the qualities of fearing the Lord God, it can be spiritually enlightening and grace manifesting/delivering. Long story short, I believe one needs to be in good standing with the Lord to use cannabis effectively, if they are connected to the Holy Spirit. If they are not, well, they have some considering to do.

• Winner Winner x 2

11. You've smoked yourself silly if you think if that Marijuana is the gateway to the devil if you're not religious:lmafoe::lmafoe::lmafoe::lmafoe:

12. If that was in any way true I'd see Lucifer 10+ times a day....
    tenor (304).gif

13. Please man, it was obviously an error, plus, I typed that during the "witching hour" (hour of Satan, demonic activity, and witches and curses.) Of COURSE Satan would slip one in there on me ( I did smoke some CBD while watching a basketball game :GettingStoned::popcorn:

I have to say Brews, just out of pure observation for sake of argument, you really are not a good arguer. You are a nitpicker, you pick the points you can chip away at and bully. I've seen it when you were seriously debating. You are also a minimalizer. Again, not judging, just observing for argument sake. Not sure if you were just joking though, if you were then lmao.

• Winner Winner x 1

14. I was joking dude :laughing: i know you don't mean if you don't believe in religion then you'll see Lucifer when u smoke :laughing:

I nit pick with everything dude it's just how I am lmaoooo :confused_2: like I could watch a 5* amazing film & I'd find something to bitch about :laughing::smoke:

15. 420 hail satan mafuckas. Spark up.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Ze Lord rebuke thoust.