Why do we tip people?

Discussion in 'General' started by Pistils, Jun 6, 2019.

1. I do it mainly because I don't want to wait for the delivery person to try find change :laughing: I only ever tip them £2/£3 but they appreciate it.. the Chinese takeaway I use sends me a Christmas card every year & always gives me free spring rolls/prawn toast with my food so it's worth tipping them Imo:confused_2::laughing:

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Really depends on the place. A buddy of mine can walk out of work out with $100-200 a night in tips+$7 an hour. People at other places I've heard of as little as $10-20 tips a night+$3-4 an hour salary.

These companies should all be ashamed of themselves, but instead they are too focused on greed.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Haha our Chinese place hooks it up too since the owner knows us. I always tip them well :)

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. How does it go back on companies lol ive worked for mom and pop burger joints the waitresses live off of tips no big corp involved u sound extra paranoid

5. some waitresses live off tips.

South Dakota allows employers to take a tip credit of up to 50% of the employee's hourly wages. Employers may therefore pay tipped employees as low as $4.55 an hour, as long as the employee makes enough in tips to earn at least the state minimum wage per hour. If not, the employer must make up the difference.

6. Me? What would I be paranoid about?

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Im joshing ya buddy they grinding out checks

8. I'm far too high for your shenanigans!! :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. This isn't related to the tipping question, but i went for KFC yesterday and the operator asked if i would donate my change. Before i could answer they hand me my receipt and no change, i couldn't be bothered asking for it so i moved on.

All in all i dont mind donating, but i hate it being pushed on me...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. It’s gonna be a hot summer, Annie.

Does that count?

J

11. Bullshit on that. I’d a told that MF to gimme my MF money.

No one at a counter deserves a tip. You wanna take my order and serve it to me and then wipe the corner of my mouth that’s one thing but don’t try and take a tip
    From me at the counter.

J

12. Yes yes it does :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. This is a difficult subject for an old Commie like me
    but when I'm in the shitty parts of the world Bangladesh, SriLanka, US, I do tip heavy
    only because I see how the Irish and English are treated ...lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. No no no, it wasn't a tip. It was for some charity, but they didn't say who for & i couldn't bother getting into fued.:)

I'll give when "i" want to, i dont like people coming to my home door and putting a guilt trip like cancer of kids on me...

Ps, sorry Pistil's i know im off topic:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. If the person is pleasant and I have it I tip . I hate people asking me at Walmart type places for donations . Can’t guilt this hairy wizard . I sponsored a kid in Africa growing up with my own money . Walmart can suck my wand .

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. a donation to a charity or a donation to a waiters pocket
    =
    to different donations ...lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Tipping in OZ isn't in the standerd culture, though there are people that do trip i mean tip ( i dont know any of them ) but i allways tip the Pizza Guy a $ or 2. He/she's the one out there being productive in such a shity job that they really deserve to be rewarded, unless there rude... That's my tip's worth;)

Ps, and may the Pizzaman be ever swift:rolleyes:...

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. I tip 50% of the bill. they have kids to feed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. I thought I read that tipping isn't allowed oztralia? Maybe that's just in restaurants? Or maybe it was fake news? Or maybe my reading comprehension has dwindled to a trickle?

Please help.

20. I've done that by mistake and it still haunts me ...

• Funny Funny x 2