Why do we have to listen to

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by mg42, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Whenever i smoke with people it seems all they will listen to is your stereotypical stoner music like Pink Floyd or terrible pop music devoid of any talent. Personally i can appreciate any music that is from artists with talent but my main genre is metalcore and hard rock stuff. I like it because it gets me pumped rather than putting me to sleep but if i even suggest that we play anything a bit heavier everyone is like no man bad vibes... that kind of stuff. Just gets me ticked that people think you have to listen to a certain kind of music when you blaze.

2. I dig all forms of music, including steriotypical stoner bands. But I know what you're saying man. Which is a reason why I like to blaze by myself, my rules and I can do whatever I want.

3. Throw on something that will totally throw them off, like jazz fusion or flamenco. That stuff won't put you to sleep.

4. Pink Floyd isn't stoner music. Liked by, well, most stoners, but also by lots of non-stoners besides.

I can only speak for myself but metal is a bit too repetitive with supersonic guitar solos that quite honestly make my ears hurt when I'm stoned, I mellow out or tense up, so I either want to listen to something chilled out like JBT or Slightly Stoopid or reggae/dub or 'rock' (Neil Young, Pink Floyd, Jefferson Airplane, Zeppelin, Grateful Dead, CCR, Hendrix, Eric Clapton, The Doors, etc) I guess what you from the viewpoint of someone who doesn't distinguish between their subtle differences, the flavours, their different strengths and styles of music,would lump all together as Stoner Music.

Alternatively, if I tense up I want to listen to something with a beat, something fast, and its very very occationally something heavy but I don't really have anything heavy so it ends up something like Tool or Pearl Jam, or Deep Purple or Megadeth (Rust In Peace is an awsome album), but mostly it'll end up as something like electronic, like DJ Krush, Death In Vegas, Lemon Jelly, or Gomez, or Aphex Twin.

Anyway my point is you can't help what you prefer, and that even though people might have preferred listenings to when they're stoned (like some of mine above) being stoned allows you appreciate things from a different angle, and its still expanding my own music tastes..

PS wow that was an effort, I'm absolutely baked :wave:

5. pink floyd isnt stoner music its fucking genius..i was listening to pink floyd before i even knew what 'marijuana' was

that being said..i can listen to anything as long as i'm feelin it, from jazz to hip hop (and when i say hip hop i dont mean weezy) to parliament to teh chili peppers to fucking michael jackson...music is the only real divinity in this world and i accept it in all forms

6. Well metal is a buzz kill when your high man get over it.

7. ive been listening to the stoner bands since way before i smoked. as a kid i went from wierd al to nirvana to 60's rock. so needless to say i listen to the oldies. but i do listen to other stuff too.

8. qft
    The last thing I wanna hear when blazed is metal. Im tryin to chill and be high, not pumped up.

9. Metal produces bad vibes most of the time.

10. Metal will kill my high in an instant, and if that happends, bad vibes will happend, cause you'll be owing me back my high.

11. highs can die?! its not like your on a fucking hardcore psychedelic. worst thing that can happen is you don't like the music. which is fair enough. i listen to psy trance, dub, rock and skillful guitar(flamenco etc.) when i'm smoking.

Each to his own.

12. ^If it's to each his own...why are you dictating the "truth" about music to him?

lol...

Love-

13. You and I sport the same music collection LOL :p

14. i absolutely love listening to metal high. but i also love pink floyd, sublime, and all the other "stereotypical", as some people would say, stoner music. i can listen to all forms of music except pop, rap, and hip hop.

i went to ozzfest stoned out of my mind. and stayed that way. i must have smoke 20 fatties that day. good time.